ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Child - Parents on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovnishs

British passport for Child - Parents on ILR

Post by lovnishs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

HI,

I need to apply for my baby's british passport. Both my wife & myself got ILR before her birth. So baby is BC by birth.

My query is regargding supporting document,

Do we both(wife & myself) need to send our passport + ILR ? Or either parent can send his/her passport+ILR ?

And do I really need to send passport as for ILR I got BRP. So can't I just send BRP ?

Please could anyone confirm

Many thanks

renu

Re: British passport for Child - Parents on ILR

Post by renu » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

lovnishs wrote:HI,

I need to apply for my baby's british passport. Both my wife & myself got ILR before her birth. So baby is BC by birth.

My query is regargding supporting document,

Do we both(wife & myself) need to send our passport + ILR ? Or either parent can send his/her passport+ILR ?

And do I really need to send passport as for ILR I got BRP. So can't I just send BRP ?

Please could anyone confirm

Many thanks
You need to send parents passports,Ilr cards,child birth certificate,application form. If u have British passport send this too plus naturalization certificate.they need to see the passport u entered UK.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:24 pm

One parent documents are enough (probably both passport + BRP but you can phone IPS and verify with them).