ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time to get COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Waiting time to get COS

Post by amsjrt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi,

My employer is currently trying to apply for COS for me. They have been previously rejected as have not advertised at Job Plus centre but now have just advertised it yesterday. My understanding is that it needs to wait for 28 days.

After 28 days, my employer will plan to submit application to get the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) that is specific to me. May I know how long will that take to get the COS?

My concern is that my Tier 4 (student) visa will be expiring on 30th April. Based on the slow UKBA process that I heard, I am very worried that there is not enough time for me to submit my Tier application before 30th April.

amsjrt

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:45 am

What is your present immigration category?

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Post by amsjrt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am

I am currently on Tier 4 (student), and my visa will expire on 30th April.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 am

If you are switching from T4 to T2G you must satisfy all the requirements for switching, see para 16 of the T2 policy guidance but the RLMT is not needed:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... arkettest/

Check what your employer applied for and why it was rejected.

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Post by amsjrt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks Manci.

I guess when you say RLMT, you mean "Resident labour market test"??
I am not sure if RLMT is really not needed. I would have thought my employer should need to perform this test to demonstrate the job cannot be fulfilled through job plus centre etc initially??

I am surprised if RLMT is not required, that seems to imply that anyone with T4 currently can apply for T2G quite easily.

amsjrt

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm

In addition to the link I gave above read also para 90 of the T2 policy guidance.

Do you have a copy of UKBA's rejection of your employer's application? If so, post the text (without personal details) because what you are saying, or what you were told by the employer, doesn't sound right

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Post by amsjrt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

manci wrote:In addition to the link I gave above read also para 90 of the T2 policy guidance.

Do you have a copy of UKBA's rejection of your employer's application? If so, post the text (without personal details) because what you are saying, or what you were told by the employer, doesn't sound right
Hi Manci,

According to para 90 of the T2 policy guidance:

90. You will be awarded 30 points if you have a Certificate of Sponsorship and are applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) and you have current entry clearance, leave to enter or remain as a:
• Tier 4;
• Student;
• Student Nurse;
• Student Re-Sitting an Examination;
• Person Writing Up a Thesis;
• Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist;

It says a COS is required in order to get the 30 points. In order for my employer to get the COS for me, I believe they will need to perform the RLMT. Ins't that correct?

I don't think I follow what you said unless you mean the COS is the one issued by my Tier 4 (ie university)??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 am

Do you have a copy of UKBA's rejection of your employer's application? If so, post the text (without personal details). It is likely that you were given incorrect information by the employer or you misunderstood what they said.

and

read the whole of para 90 in the guidance