ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Evidence of Absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

willco
Newly Registered

ILR - Evidence of Absences

Post by willco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 General.

When filling in SET-O, section 6 where you list all your absences, are you required to provide evidence if it is just holidays ?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

No Evidence is required for absences if you are on tier 1 unless the reasons was compassionate or serious. No need for evidence if it was just holidays within the limits specified.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

willco
Newly Registered

Post by willco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm

But I will still provide the list of absences, and I guess they will cross reference with their databases.

Thanks for the clarification

corby
Newly Registered

Post by corby » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:22 pm

uksettlement wrote:No Evidence is required for absences if you are on tier 1 unless the reasons was compassionate or serious. No need for evidence if it was just holidays within the limits specified.
@uksettlement, I am sorry but this is so ambiguous!

Should we understand:
- No evidence required for the absences less than 180 days in a 12 month period.
- If the absences total are more than 180 days (in a 12 month period) and they were for compassionate or serious reasons, evidences are required.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 am

corby wrote: Should we understand:
- No evidence required for the absences less than 180 days in a 12 month period.
- If the absences total are more than 180 days (in a 12 month period) and they were for compassionate or serious reasons, evidences are required.
Above is correct for Tier 1.