ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reference for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masoud_ahmad

reference for child

Post by masoud_ahmad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

Hi,

Can we take references for my 2 kids (3&5 yrs) for naturalistion 1 from their Doctor/GP and 1 from their teacher.

Or the 2nd reference we have to find from any other professional?

Thanks for the reply.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 am

Yes. As long as one of them is British.

masoud_ahmad

Post by masoud_ahmad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 am

Hi,

I am not convinced that the refernces should be both GP and teacher is allowed.
On the Guidance form MN1 states:

"One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25."

Above states that 1 reference could be GP or teacher and then 2nd would be any professional.

I am still confused about this??

Thanks

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 am

I used a health Visitor and a British citizen (age 39).

masoud_ahmad

Post by masoud_ahmad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks for reply Somudro,

When You say British citizen, does he a professional?

Does any bristh national is fine even if he is unemployed?

Thanks.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Job is not an issue here.

Ctzn2013
Newly Registered

Post by Ctzn2013 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm

I am applying tomorrow via NCS Lewisham for self, spouse and 1 child aged 8 years. For the child's application form (MN1), I couldn't get the GP to sign because we're registered there for <2 years; the school teacher refused because she doesn't want to provide her personal details; my son was born overseas and we only visited the health centre once I think & that was nearly 5 years ago, so don't think the health visitor would sign.

So I'm going ahead with 2 professionals (British Citizens aged 35+) on the MN1 Form. One is a company director, the other is employed; both are family friends.

Looking at the past posts on the forum, it sounds ok. Can someone advise if I'm taking a big risk here with the application? Thanks for your comments or suggestions!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Ctzn2013 wrote:I am applying tomorrow via NCS Lewisham for self, spouse and 1 child aged 8 years. For the child's application form (MN1), I couldn't get the GP to sign because we're registered there for <2 years; the school teacher refused because she doesn't want to provide her personal details; my son was born overseas and we only visited the health centre once I think & that was nearly 5 years ago, so don't think the health visitor would sign.

So I'm going ahead with 2 professionals (British Citizens aged 35+) on the MN1 Form. One is a company director, the other is employed; both are family friends.

Looking at the past posts on the forum, it sounds ok. Can someone advise if I'm taking a big risk here with the application? Thanks for your comments or suggestions!
I don't think this is a big risk. They will not refuse an application because of references. Worst case, they will ask for another one (very unlikely in case of a child).

BTW - The teacher doesn't need to provide any personal details (apart from her name). She can use the school address and she is not required to put her passport number on the form (or to say "available upon request").

Ctzn2013
Newly Registered

Post by Ctzn2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks, the application was accepted at NCS today without any questions so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hkahn
Newly Registered

referees

Post by Hkahn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Same is the case here, with GP less than 2 years, teacher not willing to do as my child is leas than 3 years, so she hardly been to nursery.

Is one of referee should be a BC or both, plz clarify.

Will it be OK if I get both professional referees one of then is BC.

thanks