ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeline info and reuest for return of documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frankie36
Ireland

timeline info and reuest for return of documents

Post by frankie36 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

Hi everyone,

I thought we would share our timeline for RC application and request some advice in the process! My son and I are EEA nationals and we have made an application for my nonEEA husband based on me exercising treaty rights through me being employed here in the UK. Our timeline to date is as follows:

Document sent: 31st Jan 2013
UKBA Received: 1st Feb 2013
COA received: 23rd Feb 2013 (dated 21st Feb 2013)
RC issue: ??
RC Received:??

We received 2 identical copies of the COA which was unsigned although it did give the name of the caseworker. There are also blank spaces where the phone number and email should be under the UKBA address.

When we sent the application on 31st January we included a letter requesting the immediate return of our passports, marriage cert and our son's birth cert as we require these for travel in March. We followed this up with a request by email last week. We are still awaiting our documents and are getting a little nervous we won't receive them in time for our trip. Can anyone advise us on how we can encourage them to return our documents promptly?

Many thanks

flipper77

Re: timeline info and reuest for return of documents

Post by flipper77 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:23 pm

frankie36 wrote:Can anyone advise us on how we can encourage them to return our documents promptly?

Many thanks
Hi Frankie,

Have a look here: http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Which email address did you send your request to? Did you complete the RODR form?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

renu

Re: timeline info and reuest for return of documents

Post by renu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 pm

frankie36 wrote:Hi everyone,

I thought we would share our timeline for RC application and request some advice in the process! My son and I are EEA nationals and we have made an application for my nonEEA husband based on me exercising treaty rights through me being employed here in the UK. Our timeline to date is as follows:

Document sent: 31st Jan 2013
UKBA Received: 1st Feb 2013
COA received: 23rd Feb 2013 (dated 21st Feb 2013)
RC issue: ??
RC Received:??

We received 2 identical copies of the COA which was unsigned although it did give the name of the caseworker. There are also blank spaces where the phone number and email should be under the UKBA address.

When we sent the application on 31st January we included a letter requesting the immediate return of our passports, marriage cert and our son's birth cert as we require these for travel in March. We followed this up with a request by email last week. We are still awaiting our documents and are getting a little nervous we won't receive them in time for our trip. Can anyone advise us on how we can encourage them to return our documents promptly?

Many thanks
they sent documents within 20 days but i received my requested document in less than 10 days, give it another week. otherwise, send another email, use the correct format of the ROD.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

frankie36
Ireland

Post by frankie36 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. We sent the email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Is that the right address? Also what is an ROD and where can we find it?

frankie36
Ireland

Post by frankie36 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Ok so I located the Return of Documents form on the UKBA website but it won't open! This is so stressful!!

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm

frankie36 wrote:Ok so I located the Return of Documents form on the UKBA website but it won't open! This is so stressful!!
I just tried it, and I can open it - so must be something on your end? Try a different browser or try to save it then open it?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

frankie36
Ireland

ROD update

Post by frankie36 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 pm

thanks flipper77. I tried on another computer and it worked!

So here's an update:

Last Tuesday (26th) I sent another request for our documents using the ROD form and on Friday I received an email from UKBA telling me that our documents had been dispatched on Monday 25th. We received our documents yesterday with a letter saying that they had been returned to us to enable travel. The letter also stated the following:

"Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United Kingdom should apply for an EEA Family Permit at a British diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country."

It was my understanding that a non-EEA family member of an EEA national could arrive at the UK border and request a visa once they had all the correct paperwork. Is this not the case?[/i]

icexxik

Re: ROD update

Post by icexxik » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 pm

frankie36 wrote:thanks flipper77. I tried on another computer and it worked!

So here's an update:

Last Tuesday (26th) I sent another request for our documents using the ROD form and on Friday I received an email from UKBA telling me that our documents had been dispatched on Monday 25th. We received our documents yesterday with a letter saying that they had been returned to us to enable travel. The letter also stated the following:

"Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United Kingdom should apply for an EEA Family Permit at a British diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country."

It was my understanding that a non-EEA family member of an EEA national could arrive at the UK border and request a visa once they had all the correct paperwork. Is this not the case?[/i]
Yes, that is the case. But be careful with UKBA's wording. In official correspondence, the words "should" and "must" have different meanings. If this was an absolute requirement, you would have the word "must", "should" means that it is advisable. They sometimes say that if you don't, you "may encounter difficulties returning", this is also not absolute. Of course you may encounter difficulties, such as refusal to board a flight. In that case, UKBA can say "we told you so!".

icexxik

Re: ROD update

Post by icexxik » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm

frankie36 wrote:thanks flipper77. I tried on another computer and it worked!

So here's an update:

Interesting that you got your docs without the RC. I have requested my wife's passport back for travel, and they returned it in 2 days with RC and approval letter. Seems it's easier for them just to process it instead of sending passports there and back. Mine was a BR5 with Sheffield office though, not Liverpool.