ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from dependent to Tier2, need help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Switching from dependent to Tier2, need help!

Post by panmetrix24 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm

hi all,

Please can someone help me with my query-

I am on old WP expiring 28th may 2013, my wife is on dependent visa.
we were eligible for ILR in May, unfortunately due to the new criminality threshold rule it is most likely that I won't be able to apply for my ILR till Feb 2014!
So my query is as below
- Can my wife apply/switch to Tier 2 within the UK or will she have to go back to India and apply? She already is working & we could get her company to provide sponsorship letter.
- I will apply as her dependent, however I have a simple police caution for a shoplifting incidence in Feb 2012 (which will appear in PNC), will that affect our application?
- If the application is approved, will we both be eligible for ILR in Feb 2014 (based on my 5yrs WP & 9 months dependent visa)?

Any help will be really appreciated.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from dependent to Tier2, need help!

Post by makky86 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:hi all,

we were eligible for ILR in May, unfortunately due to the new criminality threshold rule it is most likely that I won't be able to apply for my ILR till Feb 2014!
So my query is as below
- Can my wife apply/switch to Tier 2 within the UK or will she have to go back to India and apply? She already is working & we could get her company to provide sponsorship letter.
- I will apply as her dependent, however I have a simple police caution for a shoplifting incidence in Feb 2012 (which will appear in PNC), will that affect our application?
- If the application is approved, will we both be eligible for ILR in Feb 2014 (based on my 5yrs WP & 9 months dependent visa)?

You both have good jobs then why did you shoplift?

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Post by panmetrix24 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:34 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:

So my query is as below

It wasn't for a financial gain, don't know what I was thinking then really, lets just say it was a bad decision/judgement on my part which I am seriously regretting now.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

So my query is as below

It wasn't for a financial gain, don't know what I was thinking then really, lets just say it was a bad decision/judgement on my part which I am seriously regretting now.
OK fine then. Dont worry.

Your wife cannot switch from Dep to Tier 2 in country. She will need to apply from home-country. Company would need restricted Certificate and also will need to pass RLMT.

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Post by panmetrix24 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 pm

OK fine then. Dont worry.

Your wife cannot switch from Dep to Tier 2 in country. She will need to apply from home-country. Company would need restricted Certificate and also will need to pass RLMT.[/quote]

thanks for your reply, please can you elaborate what is Restricted Certificate or where can I get further info on this?
She is from engineering background & her job is listed in the shortage list..does she still need RLMT?

Also please can you or other members answer remaining questions?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:OK fine then. Dont worry.

Your wife cannot switch from Dep to Tier 2 in country. She will need to apply from home-country. Company would need restricted Certificate and also will need to pass RLMT.
thanks for your reply, please can you elaborate what is Restricted Certificate or where can I get further info on this?
She is from engineering background & her job is listed in the shortage list..does she still need RLMT?

Also please can you or other members answer remaining questions?[/quote]

If her job is on shortage list then Employer doesn't need to take Resident labour market test.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... icted-cos/

She will have to apply from home-country.