ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New fee W.E.F 6th April

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitasha8

New fee W.E.F 6th April

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 am

Hi Team

Unfortunately, my visa expires in July which means that i will have to pay new fee for my extension. I am confused with the amount of fee i will have to pay for myself and my dependent if I want to go for same day appt. I understand that as a main applicant i will have to £1800 + £375 but not sure about dependent fees.

Please can someone help me on this

Thanks in advance

fslateef

Re: New fee W.E.F 6th April

Post by fslateef » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 am

nikitasha8 wrote:Hi Team

Unfortunately, my visa expires in July which means that i will have to pay new fee for my extension. I am confused with the amount of fee i will have to pay for myself and my dependent if I want to go for same day appt. I understand that as a main applicant i will have to £1800 + £375 but not sure about dependent fees.

Thanks in advance
According to my understanding all fees are increased means Tier-1 General main applicant fees is now £1545 (at the moment its £1500) + £375 for PEO (at the moment its £300); same happened for dependents but their fees increased by roughly £450+ for each dependent.

Now I am not sure about dependents extra for PEO appointment (seems like its £100 appointment booking fees for each only if you apply together).

I hope this will help.

koolyaar

Post by koolyaar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 am

fslateef wrote:

Thanks in advance
According to my understanding all fees are increased means Tier-1 General main applicant fees is now £1545 (at the moment its £1500) + £375 for PEO (at the moment its £300); same happened for dependents but their fees increased by roughly £450+ for each dependent.

Now I am not sure about dependents extra for PEO appointment (seems like its £100 appointment booking fees for each only if you apply together).

I hope this will help.
Don't be confused According to new fee the PEO of Tier 1 General - Main Applicant (£1545+£375=£1920) and dependent (£1159+£375= £1534). simple and they said if you cancel appointment then £100 will be non-refundable so looks like they gonna start £100 fee for PEO appointment booking.

if some one has three dependends then fee will be 1534+1534+1534 = 4602. which is too much.
Don't understand what they really want.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

UKBA is very smart .

Main applicant before 6th April 2013 PEO : £1800

After 6th April 2013 PEO : £1920

Means an increase of £120 ...
( Fair Enough for people who pay lots of money to the booking agents for PEO)

However:

Dependent before 6th April 2013 PEO : £900

After 6th April 2013 PEO : £1159

Means an increase of £259

Main applicant increase is less because main applicant is one off person where as he might got 2 or 3 dependent means jackpot for UKBA.

UKBA knows how to make cash ....

I am thinking to take a money making crash course from them
:D

aayushd
Newly Registered

Post by aayushd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks in advance
Try to get an appointment before 6th April if it does not affects your 5 years time for ILR. There is a good chance you will get VISA from July onwards. :)

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am

Thank you all for the reply.

@aayushd - my visa expires on 4th July and If I apply before 6th April this will mean that i will be applying 3 months before my visa expires. Unfortunately, i cannot make postal appt as mt father in-law is not very well and we might need to go to India at any time. So I think I will have to wait until June and go for PEO and pay higher fee. No other option for me. :cry:

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmasud » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am

I understand the frustration as we all are going through this phase. Just wondering, can it not be challenged in Court?

To me this seems unfair, they increased fee last year from 1200 to 1800 Tier1 Main Applicant PEO and now another increase...
They want to suck every penny out of us that we make here...

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Nope - there's no law that sets any minimum or maximum that can be charged by UKBA. Personally I think this is a sneaky way of the government to reach their net immigration target. If you make it close to unaffordable, hopefully nobody will do it. Unfortunately, for family migrants, this might just make it more likely that they will end up claiming benefits because they are being squeezed dry.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

koolyaar

Post by koolyaar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

rdamsel wrote:UKBA is very smart .

Main applicant before 6th April 2013 PEO : £1800

After 6th April 2013 PEO : £1920

Means an increase of £120 ...
( Fair Enough for people who pay lots of money to the booking agents for PEO)

However:

Dependent before 6th April 2013 PEO : £900

After 6th April 2013 PEO : £1159

Means an increase of £259

Main applicant increase is less because main applicant is one off person where as he might got 2 or 3 dependent means jackpot for UKBA.

UKBA knows how to make cash ....

I am thinking to take a money making crash course from them
:D
As you mentioned : After 6th April 2013 PEO : £1159 - that's wrong this is by post.

Dependent PEO fee after 6th Apr which apply on 1st July 2013 : £1159+£375 = £1534 per dependent for PEO

and before 6th April 2013 it was = £867

means the increase is : £667 per dependent almost 77% increase which is too much.

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmasud » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Agree...As this proposal is sent to Parliament for approval, I can only hope that they turned down this proposal, although chances are very low.

The problem with Tories is that they think migrants are burden on this economy where as other countries like Canada & Australia think that Migrants contribute in the success of their economy therefore the migrants to those countries do not have to pay hefty fee's for extension of visas and infact get all the benefits the day they enter the country.

May be a petition signed by the migrants might help to convince the government, as a migrant myself didn't anticipated that at the end of the day I will be paying my savings to the Home Office and continue to live in same appalling conditions due to which I migrated to this country.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

kashifmasud wrote:Agree...As this proposal is sent to Parliament for approval, I can only hope that they turned down this proposal, although chances are very low.

The problem with Tories is that they think migrants are burden on this economy where as other countries like Canada & Australia think that Migrants contribute in the success of their economy therefore the migrants to those countries do not have to pay hefty fee's for extension of visas and infact get all the benefits the day they enter the country.

May be a petition signed by the migrants might help to convince the government, as a migrant myself didn't anticipated that at the end of the day I will be paying my savings to the Home Office and continue to live in same appalling conditions due to which I migrated to this country.
This government wants only the best and brightest immigrants but they have many other options. They are not coming if we see the number of Tier 1 (Exceptional) visa issued, which is less than 100! Utter failure as the best and brightest are not coming here and why they would??

Those who are here are stuck and have no other option without disrupting family life. But eventually, the best and brightest who are stuck here will do. Atleast I see people have started doing that. Ultimately, we are immigrants and will go whereever there are opportunities!

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

Am shocked after seen this massive fees increase, as kashifmasud mentioned... is there anyway that we can sign the petition to local MPs?

Ppl who decide the fees structure should think about the migrants economical condition. We are not earning billions of pounds to afford this much massive fees. This does not seems to fair at all...... dont we have any other option other than paying HO all our earnings to them. Am seriously thinking of leaving this country.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Hope some of you have read the below line also in the new proposed fee

'Dependants’ fees are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable.'

My understanding is if you are applying for dependents separately, you will have to pay main applicant fee.

Fee for a dependent applying individually(by post)-1545
Fee for a dependent applying individually(in perspn)-1545+375=1920

UKBA have really made life difficult for us!!!!.....

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:33 am

lets get together for migrants' rights

kg_1218

Post by kg_1218 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 am

I completely agree with JaganKumar.

UKBA mentioned:

'These increases are mostly in line with inflation and will ensure that the UK continues to welcome the brightest and the best. It is only right that those who use and benefit from the immigration system should contribute more than the UK taxpayer.'

Above statement mentioned the fee increase is in-line with inflation but I really don't accept this.

Tier 1 - (General) Standard - main from £1,500 to £1,545, £45 increase which is fine
Tier 1 - (General) Standard - all dependants £750 £1,159, £409 increase which is really not acceptable

Here local people making such a big issue if tube/energy fare increased 10/20 pence.

I am sure the government will behave (increasing the fee) the same for every year to migrants, I really don't know how to oppose this. The only thing we can do is leaving this country as Jagan said above.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:23 am

kg_1218 wrote:I completely agree with JaganKumar.

UKBA mentioned:

'These increases are mostly in line with inflation and will ensure that the UK continues to welcome the brightest and the best. It is only right that those who use and benefit from the immigration system should contribute more than the UK taxpayer.'

Above statement mentioned the fee increase is in-line with inflation but I really don't accept this.

Tier 1 - (General) Standard - main from £1,500 to £1,545, £45 increase which is fine
Tier 1 - (General) Standard - all dependants £750 £1,159, £409 increase which is really not acceptable

Here local people making such a big issue if tube/energy fare increased 10/20 pence.

I am sure the government will behave (increasing the fee) the same for every year to migrants, I really don't know how to oppose this. The only thing we can do is leaving this country as Jagan said above.
Also note about fees increase for separate dependent applications as mentioned by Yash001.

kg_1218 you are right about leaving this country as this is what HO/UKBA wants from us means either allow them to milk remaining migrants as much as possible as they already closed highly skilled path and its only for some years till when everyone under Tier-1 General get ILR.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Here local people making such a big issue if tube/energy fare increased 10/20 pence. .
You are absolutely right. See for example, they have increased the NHS prescription rate from £7.65 to £7.85 !!! and people will still complain. We are doomed .

ganesan76
Newly Registered

New Fees

Post by ganesan76 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Already they have stamped in our visa " NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS", now they are telling T1 General people are only eating the welfare system, so we have get money from them.

First thing, they forget, these people are working, paying tax.

UK is more interested in non working people, they no more wanted educated working class, for them we are eating their welfare sytem and taking away the british chances.

Which they don't see the root cause for this is, if all the british are well educated and took up the job, why we are going to come here, now they also increased the fees for colleges. Already some not going to college, after increasing those with second thought wouldn't go, so they are going overseas students to earn more money.

As we immigrants, for the welfare of us and welfare of UK we have find some other country which encourage and respect educated working people.

It is FOOLISH to earn, pay tax and give all the savings to HO. We decide to move from UK.

pragneshmpatel

extending from t1 g-IRL then same fees as mentioned in this

Post by pragneshmpatel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm

hi, if the
i am extending my tier1 general final to IRL then same fees as mentioned in this thread?

£1545+£375=£1920
+ 1 dependant
£1159+£375= £1534

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 pm

fslateef wrote:

UKBA mentioned:

Tier 1 - (General) Standard - £409 increase which is really not acceptable

Also note about fees increase for separate dependent applications as mentioned by Yash001.

kg_1218 you are right about leaving this country as this is what HO/UKBA wants from us means either allow them to milk remaining migrants as much as possible as they already closed highly skilled path and its only for some years till when everyone under Tier-1 General get ILR.
It could be 1159 for ALL DEPENDANTS(Regardless of Numbers only 1 fee applicable).

You never know because its still not very clear.Why they write all dependants in some categorise.

smandala.in
Newly Registered

Post by smandala.in » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Also i have just noticed that dependent fee will be same as main applicant if not applying at the same time as main applicant.

Refer the link below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-2013.pdf
As the line says in page 5 - "Dependants’ fees
are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For
PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable."

So, i believe £ 1545 per dependent if applying separately.... earlier there was an option and it was around £561 ..which is now more than 170% increase..

I might be wrong as-well ..can seniors in the forum comment on this ...

smandala.in
Newly Registered

Post by smandala.in » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 pm

AUHS wrote:
fslateef wrote:

UKBA mentioned:

Tier 1 - (General) Standard - £409 increase which is really not acceptable

It could be 1159 for ALL DEPENDANTS(Regardless of Numbers only 1 fee applicable).

You never know because its still not very clear.Why they write all dependants in some categorise.
I have looked at the current fee changes - below link

And the previous year fee changes - below link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... b-2012.pdf

The term "All dependent" is commonly used and it means Individual dependent applicant.

The term "Joint" is for the complete family including dependents and main applicant.

So, the target of UKBA is very clear for this year.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 pm

smandala.in wrote:Also i have just noticed that dependent fee will be same as main applicant if not applying at the same time as main applicant.

Refer the link below
As the line says in page 5 - "Dependants’ fees
are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For
PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable."

So, i believe £ 1545 per dependent if applying separately.... earlier there was an option and it was around £561 ..which is now more than 170% increase..

I might be wrong as-well ..can seniors in the forum comment on this ...
Yes. Looks correct as they have shown 750 (applying at the same time) will become 1159 and only reference to applying separately is in the point you mentioned.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 am

Any comments on my conclusion in another post of same nature.

www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=796054#796054
lets get together for migrants' rights

ilr_trauma
Newly Registered

we should challenge it in court

Post by ilr_trauma » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 am

we should challenge it in court..this is exploitation
kashifmasud wrote:I understand the frustration as we all are going through this phase. Just wondering, can it not be challenged in Court?

To me this seems unfair, they increased fee last year from 1200 to 1800 Tier1 Main Applicant PEO and now another increase...
They want to suck every penny out of us that we make here...