ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of 5-Year Lawful Stay for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stefhsu27
Newly Registered

Evidence of 5-Year Lawful Stay for Naturalisation

Post by Stefhsu27 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

Hi All,

I applied for my settlement visa in Dec 2011 which was then approved in Feb 2012, and subsequently had the stamp on my passport. Previously I had a Tier 1 (general) visa issued on a biometric card (in Sep. 2011), which was then given back to the UKBA when my settlement application was successful, so that it leaves a seemingly 'gap' in lawful stay on my passport between Sep 2011 and Feb 2012.

Now I'm going to apply for British Citizenship based on 5 years of lawful stay so my question is whether I really have to show some 'alternative' evidence of my lawful presence during the 5-month 'gap'?

If so, there are some supporting document I could submit along with my application, would they be sufficient?

1)A photocopy of the biometric card for the Tier 1(general) extension I obtained in Sep 2011 (valid till Sep 2013)
2) I changed my job in Nov 2011 so I could have my current employer's letter confirming my starting date and a few payslips from my previous employer.

Much appreciated for your advise.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 pm

UKBA has all the information in their system, so nothing to worry on this "gap".
If you wish you can also send a copy of the BRP and/or just mention the BRP details on page 13 as additional info.
Letter from an employer is not required.