ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund for family visitor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar125

Maintenance Fund for family visitor

Post by kumar125 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 am

Hi All,
I am working under Tier-2 ICT Long Term Visa, My Mother like to come to U.K as a Family Visitor.

She has maintained around Rs.2.00 Lakhs in Savings Bank Account in India.

I have not maintained any specific amount in GBP in my U.K. Bank Account. Just normal balance & transactions.

Pl. let me know whether I need to maintain funds ?, How much funds I need to maintain in GBP for Family Visitor ?

or My mother Bank statement of Rs.2.00 Lakhs is sufficient for a family visitor ?

Pl. help in this matter.

Thanks
Kumar

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am

You are not settled in the UK so it will be a general visit application. There is no fixed sum held for a fixed period for visit applications; if you have a good historical cash flow of income and positive bank balance you should be fine (and assuming she has insufficient means of her own and so needs your financial sponsorship). Obviously, she also needs to show her own economic and social ties to her homeland.

kumar125

Post by kumar125 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks Lucapooka,
Regarding " Obviously, she also needs to show her own economic and social ties to her homeland" She owns property ( land & building) in India but the property papers are not in English language but in Indian Language. Do I need to get the property papers translated into English ?. Pl. guide.

Thanks in advance.
Kumar