ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about canada federal worker immigration process

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eager2learn

Questions about canada federal worker immigration process

Post by eager2learn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding the canada federal worker immigration procedure. Wonder if anyone can answer them:

1. I have around 6.5 years of UK work experience in software engineering in different companies. However there is a gap of few months in between, will this be an issue? Also what evidence do I show for this, Does it have to be employer letter or payslips or annual tax report(P60) would do?

2. I am planning to take ielts general test . What is the procedure of sending the score?

3. From what authority should I get my education credentials assessed? I have a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. .

4. What is total expense I am looking at for the whole application? and what is the estimated time of completion?

sharonbrown
Newly Registered

Federal skilled worker visa to Canada

Post by sharonbrown » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 am

Hello
regarding your questions i advise you to read about the program here.

also, there is a new work visa for canada, "federal skilled trades visa" and you cana read about it here.

hope this will help you.

jrge

Re: Questions about canada federal worker immigration proces

Post by jrge » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi,
eager2learn wrote:Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding the canada federal worker immigration procedure. Wonder if anyone can answer them:

1. I have around 6.5 years of UK work experience in software engineering in different companies. However there is a gap of few months in between, will this be an issue? Also what evidence do I show for this, Does it have to be employer letter or payslips or annual tax report(P60) would do?

2. I am planning to take ielts general test . What is the procedure of sending the score?

3. From what authority should I get my education credentials assessed? I have a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. .

4. What is total expense I am looking at for the whole application? and what is the estimated time of completion?
1. The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) you are asking about, has been suspended and it "might" start again this incoming May. Also, mind that anything related to IT/CS/Programming, etc; it's rumour not to be included in the incoming program.

Answers to questions 2-4 can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... /index.asp
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Based on my experience as I have around 5-6 years IT experience in UK

Got my papers in Feb landed in Oct applied for a few jobs and got it straight away though I had to come back due to my own reason.

I guess the job market is brilliant or may be it was down to my experience as I look after different platforms including Microsoft/Vmware/Citrix etc

Salary was much higher comparing to UK.

Again it is totally based on where are you looking for job as in which part. I went to Calgary and found plenty of jobs with decent salary.

If you were to apply in Toronto there is a good chance you will get a job but will have to settle for lesser salary and higher cost of living.

GAP Should not be an issue and you dont need any payslips etc

You dont need any educational credentials assessed unless if you plan to get a job in Engineer/Medical where you may have to prove your Credentials.

As long as you have your IT qualification such as certifications you are fine.

Expense will only be known once they start taking applications for FSW category.

Think wise and all the best

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:04 am

Which category did you you applied in? Is it with or without sponsorship? My understanding (I may be wrong) is that IT is not in NOC so you cant apply for Non-sponser visa. Is it true?

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

thank you very much for your replies. Is the occupation list for federal workers published yet?

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 pm

occupation list is published but there is a merely quota of 5k and with 300 each category. One would wonder how will this suffice for the whole world?? I wonder if there is already an application queue of more than 10k per category, how they will prioritise, if the application is received before it opens on 4th may, they would reject that or put in a queue? Such a pathetic immigration process!