ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT:Applying for ILR separately for myself and dependent!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyadri

URGENT:Applying for ILR separately for myself and dependent!

Post by priyadri » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

As most of you would know my case by now .. Since we have a simple caution, I think it is best to get an appointment in Solihull, Bham.

But appointments are very hard to find for two people. I have got single person appointment for this Friday.

So was wondering if it is OK to apply for my wife separately after a week or two.

Will her dependent visa get void as soon as I get my ILR (if i do get fortunately)???

Our current visa is Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer and is valid till June 2014.

Please respond

Regards,
Priyadri

selva

Re: URGENT:Applying for ILR separately for myself and depend

Post by selva » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:00 pm

priyadri wrote:As most of you would know my case by now .. Since we have a simple caution, I think it is best to get an appointment in Solihull, Bham.

But appointments are very hard to find for two people. I have got single person appointment for this Friday.

So was wondering if it is OK to apply for my wife separately after a week or two.

Will her dependent visa get void as soon as I get my ILR (if i do get fortunately)???

Our current visa is Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer and is valid till June 2014.

Please respond

Regards,
Priyadri
It is OK to apply for you first then for your wife later (you can even send her application by post), There is no definite answer about how quickly you need to apply for your wife (but it is good to apply within 28 days of your ILR but not a requirement)

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

So would it be a Set(o) form for her as well. Like would be apply as a main applicant then.

I have a appintment for me for 1st March and for wife on 13th March. Would that be fine or would I be questioned.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

I have a appintment for me for 1st March and for wife on 13th March. Would that be fine or would I be questioned
you should be fine with it.
There is no requirement of applying within 28days of your ILR .
Take all co-hab documents on 1st March and a seperate form filled in with dependet details, request the case wroker if they are fine in taking her application as well (some occassion they will allow).

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Frankly I also feel the case worker will consider but have never heard of such a thing. Has anyone experienced such good case worker.

But this time I have already got a lot of complications. So, if I can apply for myself now and my wife after 2 weeks then its fine with me. Just hope her visa doesnt get void.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Senior Member please comment. I am scared that my wives Teir 2 ICT Dependant visa will become void after I apply for PR.

I will be applying for her visa in 10 days after my ILR doing this as cant get a appointment with 1 dependant

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am

I dont think so because a lot of people have done applying by PEO for main applicant and by post for dependants which would mean there is a time difference in their applications and dependants visas not considered void.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Dependent visa will not get void once you get ILR.
In my case I applied a month later for my wife.

kvindia
Newly Registered

Post by kvindia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi ilrdep,

What form have you used when you separetely applied for your dependents? Everyone suggests to use SET(O). Do we need to fill the form SET(O) everything as if you are applying together? I mean how does that makes difference in the form to indicate that you are just using the FORM(O) for only dependents? Please suggest.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 pm