ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passports and Visa - Validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Passports and Visa - Validity

Post by anandh79 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

I have a planned trip to India on June 7th. I have decided to apply for ILR in mid of May.

Assuming they gave the passport on same day, please find the following clarification.

1. Whether the approval letter is given on same day or by post.
2. Will they take our existing BRP in the PEO?
3. Assuming they don't take our existing BRP, can I travel to India with that until i receive the ILR.
4. My concern was that if my ILR card does not arrive before 7th of june, can i still travel to india since my tier 1 was valid till march 2014.

LEt me know so that I can plan accordingly.

Regards
Anandh

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 am

1) You will be given a letter on the day. It will confirm when you will receive your BRP, but there is a statement in the letter which says that it can't be used as a means of proving your ILR status in the UK.
2) They will take it.
3) & 4) You may very well be able to leave the UK, but boarding a plane to return from your home country may pose a problem because airlines are subject to fines if they do not verify their pasenger's right to enter the country they are travelling to.

You appear to have sufficient time to receive your BRP card, from the dates you have mentioned - but this is subject to there being no delays in BRP production.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks!

What is the general timeline where you receive the ILR BRP.

Also, My child is born in UK and currently as my tier 1 dependant valid till march 2014.

Is it ok if i just apply for me and my wife? Can i apply for my child direct citizenship once we get the PR.

Once we get the PR, the child status is still tier 1 dependant, is this fine and can she travel and come back without any issues.

Can anybody respond on this please?

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Any senior members, please reply

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm

anandh79 wrote:1) What is the general timeline where you receive the ILR BRP.

2) Also, My child is born in UK and currently as my tier 1 dependant valid till march 2014. Is it ok if i just apply for me and my wife? Can i apply for my child direct citizenship once we get the PR.

3) Once we get the PR, the child status is still tier 1 dependant, is this fine and can she travel and come back without any issues.
1) Within 7 working days. But most applicants appear to them within 4 days, subject to there being no BRP production issues.
2) Yes, you can then register your child as a BC once you are granted ILR. See section for Children under the following sticky for further info: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747
I don't know the answer to this last question, so will leave it for someone else to answer.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks C5,

Can anybody comment on the last point please?