ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

limited company director in 2010 but company closed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faislondon
BANNED

limited company director in 2010 but company closed

Post by faislondon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Dear Gurus,

I was Ltd company director in 2010 and also full time emplyoyed when I got my tier 1 extention from hsmp in 2010.

I had some tax liability but due to unforscene circumstances i closed the company and the tax is still due. I didnt rec any letter from Hmrc since then. Now i am due ilr next month and will be going to peo personally. Will there be any problem in getting ilr or is there any other way around. I will really appreciate any feedbacks.

Thank you
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

db83

Post by db83 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

From what I understand PEO's are linked to HMRC and DPW.

When you say Tax is due - is it Corporation tax or VAT ?

Did you get any reminders from HMRC to pay this tax ?
I'm just trying to help !

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Untill my company wasnt closed i use to get reminders. After i closed it i never received any letters. It was for corporation tax,
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Mate,

Are you saying that the corporation tax that is due is still being owed by you? If this is the case, UKBA take tax avoidance very very seriously!! and despite the fact that HMRC arent sending you reminder letters since you closed down your company doesnt mean that the tax debt has been wiped off.
I would advise you to contact HMRC immedialtely and find out if there are outstanding balance on your records and if they confirm this to be the case, then mate, just clear this up as soon as you can to avoid complications on your case when you go for your ILR

Regards

db83

Post by db83 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Tax evasion is a criminal offence and as a director you will liable for it

Like fomsand1 suggested, call up HMRC and check for outstanding corp tax to pay. If your company has closed down and there is no active bank account, explain them the situation and ask for help. I'm sure they will help you
I'm just trying to help !