ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Approval under 3 weeks and with excess abscence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prince12

Citizenship Approval under 3 weeks and with excess abscence

Post by prince12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Just want to thank you all especially the Mods...Jambo et al... for your help and happy to inform that i today recieved approval and yes i still had abscences in excess of 550 days...Glad to have gotten a positive result and within a very impressive time scale at that...now waiting for ceremony invite.
Good luck to all
Cheers
Prince

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Great to hear that.

It would make sense if you link to your previous post (or replied there with this post) as it would help people understand your circumstances.

See Previous post.

Did you add something (documents/cover letter) to the application to help with the discretion decision?

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Congratulations, a very happy day for you indeed :)

Would you please tell me how many of those absences were in the last 12 months ? I am concerned about mine as it may need to go above the 90 days limit for work reasons.

Many thanks.

Regards,

prince12

Post by prince12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Jambo wrote:Great to hear that.

It would make sense if you link to your previous post (or replied there with this post) as it would help people understand your circumstances.

See Previous post.

Did you add something (documents/cover letter) to the application to help with the discretion decision?
Thank Jambo,
I did write a detailed cover letter pointing out that i do meet several of the criterias for discretion, i also got a letter from my previous employer affirming the dates they sent me out on business plus a lot more documents i.e mortgages, daughter,wife documents,p60s etc... i had a ton of documents and insisted that the NCS worker include them when she tried to remove some saying it wasnt needed...

prince12

Post by prince12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 pm

sapeyuk wrote:Congratulations, a very happy day for you indeed :)

Would you please tell me how many of those absences were in the last 12 months ? I am concerned about mine as it may need to go above the 90 days limit for work reasons.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Most of my abscences were in the year before my ILR i actually only had 15days abscence in the last year...but i believe that i have read someboy babatee who had over 90days in the last year and got approval...it was work related absence too...search the forum for his story...good luck

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 pm

prince12 wrote:
sapeyuk wrote:Congratulations, a very happy day for you indeed :)

Many thanks.

Regards,
Most of my abscences were in the year before my ILR i actually only had 15days abscence in the last year...but i believe that i have read someboy babatee who had over 90days in the last year and got approval...it was work related absence too...search the forum for his story...good luck
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I will.