ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Proof: Employer Reference

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Income Proof: Employer Reference

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:52 am

Lets discuss about employer references here.
My employer has provided me a letter showing my annual salary. Is it good enough to show as employer reference?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Income Proof: Employer Reference

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 pm

Nope I am afraid. This evedence is too weak, you unlderstand what I mean.

Pantaiema

hsmp28122006 wrote:Lets discuss about employer references here.
My employer has provided me a letter showing my annual salary. Is it good enough to show as employer reference?

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 pm

agree with Panteima...its a weak reference...

it should include additional details of employment such as date of hiring, nature of your job and possible latest ytd salary earned

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi All,

Why do we need employer reference?

NNJ10

Ang
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ang » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Employer reference??? I think what you need is a statement of income not a reference. A reference stating how good you are at work???? :?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Evidence need:
Tax document e.g. ITR or P60 if you are working in the UK.
Pay slip
Bank statement showing the flow of your salary.

You could include (This is as additional not as subsitute)
- Letter from your company showing breakdown of your salary each month during the period claimed.
- Employment contract/employment reference if you work on permanent basis. this will show how much you earn each year.

Pantaiema.

Ang wrote:Employer reference??? I think what you need is a statement of income not a reference. A reference stating how good you are at work???? :?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:33 pm

pantaiema wrote:Nope I am afraid. This evedence is too weak, you unlderstand what I mean.

Pantaiema

Thanks!

For that period, I have provided following proofs:

- Wage slips stamped + signed, on letter headed paper
- Employer reference saying that from Apr'06 my 'annual' salary is xyz
- Bank statements

Issue with bank statements:
---------------------------------
I work in company say "xyz".
Few of my bank statements say "TRF from xyz"
and, few say "Salary from xyz".

So, what should I expect as a result? Would this be OK? Is it necessary to mention "Salary" term? Has there been any case when application got rejected due to this discrepencey?

What do you guys feel? Is there any chance of approval of my HSMP?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:45 pm

And yes, I divided my annual salary by 12 to prove my monthly gross and it's the same amount as mentioned in payslips - So, I think annual salary reference should be OK.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm

May I ask you a question.

You should prepare a strong reason why you can not submit ITR/P60
THere is already a guy were rejected because they do not submit P60 and they argue that because it is only fully cover the perios claimed.
In this case you should submit P60 from previous year.

I think becuase the might think you have something to hide ....

Case worker know that you will never get P60 that will cover the whole period you claim, baecuase you only get it once in a year.

If you do not mind will you please advice the forum why you do not submit P60, ?
Pantaiema

hsmp28122006 wrote:
pantaiema wrote:Nope I am afraid. This evedence is too weak, you unlderstand what I mean.

Pantaiema

Thanks!

- Bank statements

So, what should I expect as a result? Would this be OK? Is it necessary to mention "Salary" term? Has there been any case when application got rejected due to this discrepencey?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:23 am

pantaiema wrote:May I ask you a question.

You should prepare a strong reason why you can not submit ITR/P60
THere is already a guy were rejected because they do not submit P60 and they argue that because it is only fully cover the perios claimed.
In this case you should submit P60 from previous year.

I think becuase the might think you have something to hide ....

Case worker know that you will never get P60 that will cover the whole period you claim, baecuase you only get it once in a year.

If you do not mind will you please advice the forum why you do not submit P60, ?
Pantaiema

hsmp28122006 wrote:

Pantaiema

Thanks!

- Bank statements

Hi pantaiema,

Let me explain you full structure. I have declared the earnings from Dec'05 - Nov'06. I have divided this earning in three parts:

1) Dec'05 - Mar'06
----------------------
Proofs provided:
a) ITR (SARAL) for the period Apr'05-Mar'06 - Stamped but not signed
b) Form-16 for Apr'05-Mar'06 - Stamped & Signed (this is issued by employer to file ITR)
c) Salary slips (on letter head, signed+stamped) for the period of Apr'05-Mar'06
d) Bank statements (signed+stamped) for Dec'05-Mar'06

2) Apr'05-Nov'06
--------------------
I have declared exceptional case since was not able to provide ITR for this period. Following proofs are provided:

a) Salary slips (on letter head, signed+stamped) for the period of Apr'06-Nov'06
b) Bank statements (signed+stamped) for Apr'06-Nov'06
c) Employer reference stating my annual salary as effective from Mar'06.

3) Bonus 2006:
-----------------
Proofs provided:
a) Bonus letter (signed + stamped)
b) October payslip showing the bonus amount
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have following doubts:
1) Saral is not signed, though it's stamped.
2) Employer reference does say 'annual salary' instead 'salary till date', though I have divided annual salary by 12 and it comes exactly same as the monthly salary mentioned in salary slips.
3) Few bank statements say "TRF from <company name>" instead of "SALARY from <company name>"

Now, please adivce me whether these proofs are good enough.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Dear hsmp28122006

I have no knowledge about SARAL but I believe this is offcial tax documents. In the UK if the people are working, the most strong document is P60/ITR or P45 if you are changing the job.

It seems that you have provided all documents needed, so you just need to make sure that all your evidence are suppoting each other, for instance what is stated in your tax document should be confirmed in your bank statements, pay slip and letter form your employer.

Good Luck Mate

Pantaiema

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks a lot friend. I still have following queries:

1) Saral is not signed, though it's stamped. SARAL is the IT acknowlegement from Govt IT department. I know this will not be accepted since it's not signes. Question is, would they automatically consider "Form-16" (provided by employer to declare your earnings in SARAL, it's more or less like P60) as a proof though I have not mentioned that document in the application form?

2) Employer reference does say 'annual salary' instead 'salary till date', though I have divided annual salary by 12 and it comes exactly same as the monthly salary mentioned in salary slips. Is this still the concern? Is this still the "weak" evidence as stated by you earlier? If yes/no then why?

3) Few bank statements say "TRF from <company name>" instead of "SALARY from <company name>". Would there be any issue due to this?

Yes, I have well explained all the earnings and amount mentioned in SARAL/Form-16 is proved by payslips - 12 months payslip exactly match the earning mentioned in Form-16.

Thanks a lot mate!

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:36 am

hsmp28122006 wrote:Thanks a lot friend. I still have following queries:

1) Saral is not signed, though it's stamped. SARAL is the IT acknowlegement from Govt IT department. I know this will not be accepted since it's not signes. Question is, would they automatically consider "Form-16" (provided by employer to declare your earnings in SARAL, it's more or less like P60) as a proof though I have not mentioned that document in the application form?

2) Employer reference does say 'annual salary' instead 'salary till date', though I have divided annual salary by 12 and it comes exactly same as the monthly salary mentioned in salary slips. Is this still the concern? Is this still the "weak" evidence as stated by you earlier? If yes/no then why?

3) Few bank statements say "TRF from <company name>" instead of "SALARY from <company name>". Would there be any issue due to this?

Yes, I have well explained all the earnings and amount mentioned in SARAL/Form-16 is proved by payslips - 12 months payslip exactly match the earning mentioned in Form-16.

Thanks a lot mate!

I am in a similar situation... though i got my employer to exactly put in letter - Salary including incentive i.e gross earnings between DD/mm/yyyy till ...... were ... Since he was unable to provide form 16, i got him to mention this in letter itself.

Yes i too have saral stamped only and that too in HINDI.... can't do much about it. Also somewhere in your mail i read regarding bank statements. I think you should provide it for all 12 months no matter what ... otherwise they will say " does not corroborate" and add another 315 GBP in the queen's kitty, doing nothing !
Umesh Sethi