ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

security business for Tier1 Entre. i got degree in marketing

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajji1
Newly Registered

security business for Tier1 Entre. i got degree in marketing

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 am

Hi all,
i want to apply for Tier1 entre with 50k rout as my current status is PSW. i am confused about business.I have done MA-Marketing and currently working as security manager which is not relevant to my qualification. i am planning to set up my security company as i could see that security manager is on NQF level 4 job with SOC 1174.
My question is ,,,,can i apply with this business or not, As you can see my previous qualification is in Marketing and i want to apply with security business.
I am sure that my confusion will come to an end here.
waiting for your valuable feedback.
thanks in advance.
saj

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

Qualification is nothing to do with your chosen trade or field. Degree is only needed to satisfy English languae requirement which is currently set to B1 for T1E.

So if you sit IELTS get band 4 and you do not even need to submit degree.

Hope this clarifies.

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:58 am

i am really thankful for your kind self. you have clear my doubt ,really appreciated. could i please ask one more Q.
i could find job title which is Security manager SOC 1174. in application Question G21: what is your job title?
should i write as DIRECTOR and SECURITY MANAGER or just Security manager .
in next Q they ask for code which is 1174.
what is best way in your opinion.
kind regards

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 pm

I would just write Security manager. Also make sure you are providing services(as explained in SOC codes with examples) of Security manager to other businesses, NOT TO YOUR OWN BUSINESS. As services that you provide to your own business do not count.

Regards
sajji1 wrote:i am really thankful for your kind self. you have clear my doubt ,really appreciated. could i please ask one more Q.
i could find job title which is Security manager SOC 1174. in application Question G21: what is your job title?
should i write as DIRECTOR and SECURITY MANAGER or just Security manager .
in next Q they ask for code which is 1174.
what is best way in your opinion.
kind regards

sajji1
Newly Registered

Post by sajji1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks ,much appreciated sir