ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Naturalisation Questions

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Just to advice users to post and comments/queries here in relation to Naturalisation. Citizenship Timeline Tracker 2013 is not for queries and may be deleted without warning as announced.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

I've been waiting for a year and few months and according to the last letter from the department my application is with the further processing team ! I assume they are collecting reports about me ? I arrived as a minor abs now I am a 3rd level student never took a grant or social welfare or had a problem with the Police ! How long this stage usually takes ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 am

moro1 wrote:I've been waiting for a year and few months and according to the last letter from the department my application is with the further processing team ! I assume they are collecting reports about me ? I arrived as a minor abs now I am a 3rd level student never took a grant or social welfare or had a problem with the Police ! How long this stage usually takes ?
Grant and Social welfare has no impact on your application whatsoever. Sometimes an application based on your category could take more time as its complex, trying to merge the stamps of your parents to yours etc.

Give them a ring or an email and see what they says this time. Also emailing them on a monthly basis will be advisable too.

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 am

@integrated migrant
i was enquiring from urself when they have deleted our posts from time line tracker.
any way here is the situation
Applied in march 2012
1st ackn letter in april 2012
LTR approved in june 2012 and sent the letter to inform them
2nd ackn letter in july confirming they have received my LTR letter
email enquiry in jan 2013 and feb 2013, got the same reply:
Your application continues to be processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.
what stage is this? and whats happening. thanks in advance

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:13 pm

saajo wrote:@integrated migrant
i was enquiring from urself when they have deleted our posts from time line tracker.
Applied in march 2012
This is the second stage of processing.

I think that they are simply slow on your application because you just got LTR. I recently noticed that. The Minister in 2011 said that LTR approvals and Spouse of Irish Nationals will be processed rapidly than other applications, but I dont think the promise still holds now.

They are trying to clear the backlogs and those that their residency stamps will soon expire is taking into account as well unlike you.

You have to know though that a decision will be made on your application before the end of the year and you have nothing to worry about.

xxxtieee

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 pm

There were a few timelines posted and even they were deleted!! Why is that so?
-xxxtieee-

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm

xxxtieee wrote:There were a few timelines posted and even they were deleted!! Why is that so?
Because it may have not followed the procedure or had gone off topic.

There is an example of how Citizenship timeline tracker posts should be, adhere to that and you'll be fine

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 pm

That's a shame that the useful data in those posts were lost. There is almost nothing left on this post, which makes me wonder what we are achieving by those deletions.

Time to delete this one now I suppose.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#777468
-xxxtieee-

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:35 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:I've been waiting for a year and few months and according to the last letter from the department my application is with the further processing team ! I assume they are collecting reports about me ? I arrived as a minor abs now I am a 3rd level student never took a grant or social welfare or had a problem with the Police ! How long this stage usually takes ?
Grant and Social welfare has no impact on your application whatsoever. Sometimes an application based on your category could take more time as its complex, trying to merge the stamps of your parents to yours etc.

Give them a ring or an email and see what they says this time. Also emailing them on a monthly basis will be advisable too.
Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing

I imagine its an auto response lets hope I hear something over summer

saajo
Newly Registered

Post by saajo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
saajo wrote:@integrated migrant
Applied in march 2012
This is the second stage of processing.

I think that they are simply slow on your application because you just got LTR. I recently noticed that. The Minister in 2011 said that LTR approvals and Spouse of Irish Nationals will be processed rapidly than other applications, but I dont think the promise still holds now.

They are trying to clear the backlogs and those that their residency stamps will soon expire is taking into account as well unlike you.

You have to know though that a decision will be made on your application before the end of the year and you have nothing to worry about.
Thanks integratedmigrant. You are doing a great job on this forum. I don't know why some people picking on u. I guess they are just jealous. Keep the good work up mate.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

saajo wrote:Thanks integratedmigrant. You are doing a great job on this forum. I don't know why some people picking on u. I guess they are just jealous. Keep the good work up mate.
:D

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm

I applied in feb 2011 on behalf of spouse of irish citizen and waiting since then i change my adress last week the confirmation letter i got it was issu by certification devision any ides what is certification devision is and how long they take it thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

I would guess that the certificatation division is preparing naturalisation certificates. I would say you don't have long to wait.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I also applied in feb 2011 and since then i got absolutely no corespondance at all.
I emailed them 3 times in total, and even tho mails they sent back sounded like an automated response they were all in chronological order.

Last mail i sent was in think nov 12 and i was still being reviewed, blah blah. Next one was in january: at advanced stage and in March 2013 got approval.
Waiting for next ceremony and thats it then. Thank god.
Good luck to all you patiently waiting, i dont know if they are working faster or not, but all the same i waitied 25months, based on irish spouse.

Afrocommonwealth

Further processing meaning?

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Pls i am just writing to find out how many stages are in naturalisation application process?
1st acknowledge - initial stage to establish if l meet conditions
2nd acknowledge - successfully proceeded to stage (criminal record check requested and submitted because l leave in Northern Ireland)
3rd acknowledge - Further processing
So how many stages do l have left before my app is finally finished/approved
Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Further processing meaning?

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:Pls i am just writing to find out how many stages are in naturalisation application process?
2nd acknowledge - successfully proceeded to stage (criminal record check requested and submitted because l leave in Northern Ireland)
Thanks
There are the Main stages:

Stage 1 : Initial stage (Citizenship Application Requirements Checks)

Stage 2 : Second Stage / Further Processing (Criminal Check, backgrounds, Revenue, etc)

Stage 3 : Advanced Stage (Application in queue for decision)

Stage 4 : Final Stage (Decision has being made but no ceremony invitation yet)

Note: Stage 2 and 3 can be Further Processed if further documents are needed or in complex cases

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:Pls i am just writing to find out how many stages are in naturalisation application process?
Thanks
There are the Main stages:

Stage 1 : Initial stage (Citizenship Application Requirements Checks)

Stage 2 : Second Stage / Further Processing (Criminal Check, backgrounds, Revenue, etc)

Stage 3 : Advanced Stage (Application in queue for decision)

Stage 4 : Final Stage (Decision has being made but no ceremony invitation yet)

Note: Stage 2 and 3 can be Further Processed if further documents are needed or in complex cases
Thanks for that.
So second stage/further processing can take how many months?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:Thanks for that.
It can take anything between 6 months to 4 years for a decision depending on your application/case.

If your case is very straight forward it should take between 6 months to 12 months.
If your case is ok it should take between 6 months to 14 months.
If your case is complex it should take between 12 months to 24 months.
If your case is very complex it should take between 18 months to 48 months.

Note: These are all based on personal experience.

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:32 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Just to advice users to post and comments/queries here in relation to Naturalisation. Citizenship Timeline Tracker 2013 is not for queries and may be deleted without warning as announced.

My wife applied in Dec 2011 based on 5 years residency, she was contacted by INIS on August 2012 to re-submit the form again (only the form as all other papers were valid) because there was one day difference between date of solicitor signature on the Statutory Declaration and the date my wife signed in it, My wife actually signed the declaration the day before she went to the solicitor and the solicitor didn’t notice that. INIS said they will not change the date of application and it will remain treated as submitted on Dec 2011, but till now we still get the same answer:

"Your own application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, ...."

Is it possible they consider the application date is Aug 2012? what should we do?
Note, I attended the cermony yesterday and today we got the same answer for my wife :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:35 pm

immigrant411 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Just to advice users to post and comments/queries here in relation to Naturalisation. Citizenship Timeline Tracker 2013 is not for queries and may be deleted without warning as announced.

My wife applied in Dec 2011 based on 5 years residency, she was contacted by INIS on August 2012 to re-submit the form again (only the form as all other papers were valid) because there was one day difference between date of solicitor signature on the Statutory Declaration and the date my wife signed in it, My wife actually signed the declaration the day before she went to the solicitor and the solicitor didn’t notice that. INIS said they will not change the date of application and it will remain treated as submitted on Dec 2011, but till now we still get the same answer:

"Your own application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, ...."

Is it possible they consider the application date is Aug 2012? what should we do?
Note, I attended the cermony yesterday and today we got the same answer for my wife :(
They considered the application date from the day the statutory declaration was signed by the solicitor but because of the issue she has with the statutory declaration, her application was delayed and it is from the day that they received the new re-submitted application form as requested by them that they will start processing it accordingly.

So that date being Aug 2012, she will be expecting a decision to be made on her application from May 2013..

Note: It is a Statutory Declaration requirements that you sign it in front of a solicitor who will witness the declaration. This was a mistake and a good solicitor should have spotted that mistake!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 pm

There has been a decline in naturalisation questions. It seems that most people are happy with how things are going with their applications which is a good sign

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:Thanks for that.
It can take anything between 6 months to 4 years for a decision depending on your application/case.

If your case is very straight forward it should take between 6 months to 12 months.
If your case is ok it should take between 6 months to 14 months.
If your case is complex it should take between 12 months to 24 months.
If your case is very complex it should take between 18 months to 48 months.

Note: These are all based on personal experience.
Hi INtegratedimmigrant,

According to your experience, what makes an application a complex one? For example changing your address every year and having 5 different address in your application? Or getting married while your application is being processed, you were single when you applied and then 4-5 months later you got married and sent them marriage cert.? Do these make an application complex? I'd appreciate if you can share your experience

Thanks

dania

Post by dania » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am

applied april 2010 and still waiting ,i am very sad as i see people getting their decisions even if they applied after me :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:Hi INtegratedimmigrant,

According to your experience, what makes an application a complex one? For example changing your address every year and having 5 different address in your application? Or getting married while your application is being processed, you were single when you applied and then 4-5 months later you got married and sent them marriage cert.? Do these make an application complex? I'd appreciate if you can share your experience

Thanks
Having 5 different addresses or more in your application is still considered a straight forward application and you should not worry at all about it.

Note: If you have 5 different addresses in different countries, that is still not a complex case but your application may take longer than others.

Marriage after application is still considered a straight forward application because your spouse details is not taking into account on naturalisation process.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 pm

dania wrote:applied april 2010 and still waiting ,i am very sad as i see people getting their decisions even if they applied after me :cry:
Dont worry, there will be another batch of invitations coming shortly.
I believe the backlog they have will be cleared very soon.