ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP!! 10 yrs completed after my Student Visa refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saazoona79
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP!! 10 yrs completed after my Student Visa refused

Post by saazoona79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 am

I HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM. I APPLIED FOR STUDENT VISA ON DEC 12 AND JUST GOT REFUSAL LETTER WITH RIGHT OF APPEAL. HOWEVER MY 10 YEARS ALSO JUST COMPLETED.

MY QUESTION IS
CAN I GO FOR APPEAL AND ALSO APPLY FOR INDEFINITE VISA ON 10 YEARS BASIS?
MY APPEAL MAY BE ACCEPTED OR REFUSED AND APPEAL WILL BE PENDING FOR CERTAIN TIME BUT CAN I APPLY FOR INDEFINITE MEANWHILE?

MY REFUSAL LETTER WAS ISSUED ON 25TH FEB 13 AND MY 10 YEARS COMPLETED ON 27TH FEB 13.

URGENT HELP IS REQUIRED.

THANKS

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:44 am

Appeal.
Long Residence wrote:The applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence while awaiting a decision of an appeal

A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saazoona79
Newly Registered

Post by saazoona79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 am

Hi, thanks for your reply but in my case what can be further grounds?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:05 am

Further grounds being that you had completed your 10 years?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Indefinite application and case already in the court- URGENT

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 pm

saazoona79 wrote:Hi,
I applied for student visa recently and got rejected on the basis that i had 5 years already on degree level in the past. I did ACCA in 3 years but they have included that too in that 5 yrs cap.
My question is ACCA a degree level course?
as for as i know it is professional certificate.
Please clear this confusion

thanks
UK Tier 4 Consultancy wrote:Full ACCA (14 papers) is a NQF Level 7 programme so it is an above degree level programme which can be counted towards the 5 year limit. Whether it's a professional qualification is irrelevant. They only look at the course level. On this basis i am afraid they made the correct decision.
saazoona79 wrote:Hi,
I have cleared 8 papers from the ACCA (Knowledge and skills) NQF Level-6, couldn't pass the last paper of that level and I have passed only 1 paper from the Professional Level NQF Level-7. In short i haven't completed either of levels.
I still have to pass 1 paper from level 6 to complete level 6 and 2 papers from advance level for level 7.

My question is where does I stand in terms of 5 years cap? does that still apply on me? as I haven't completed my level 6 or level 7 at the moment?
thanks
Greenie wrote:It doesn't matter that you haven't completed the course. Any time spent studying at degree level or above counts towards you limit regardless of whether you completed the course or not.
saazoona79 wrote:Hi, I have recently got a student visa refused on the basis that I have already spent 5 years on degree and that my current course is not in complementing to my course being at the same level. I have challenged it in court. However meanwhile I also completed my 10 years few days ago.

My question is can I apply for Indefinite application while there is a court case going on for tier 4 visa which was recently rejected. my 10 years were completed 10 days after the refusal date on the letter.

your help is highly appreciated.

thanks

user1507
Newly Registered

Post by user1507 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 pm

hi,
i have a similar question but my situation is slightly different. what does home office look at ? the enrolment letters or the results. ? i was enrolled for ACCA but i actually studied CAT i switched.. does that count that towards my 5 years... i did CAT moved to do my ba hons.. because i got exempted from year one.. so finished that in 2 years.. but now i wanted to do masters..and there is this concern whether it completes my 5 years or not ?