ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit application refusal advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random3s
Newly Registered

Visit application refusal advice

Post by random3s » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Assistance or input regarding the following issue greatly appreciated.

My wife is a Ukrainian national, I am a British citizen, and both reside in Germany, my wife holds a German residency card together with full european rights.

We recently submitted an application for a visit to the UK in order to visit family, for a 2 week period.

An application was made online, complete with payments etc, and sent via the UK boarder agencies visa agent in Dusselsorf Germany, the application was filled out fully and truthfully however aside from a copy of my wifes German residency card no other supporting documents were provided, as we deemed this a pretty clear cut case....

The visa application also holds a declaration, that the assessing officer may contact any of the named persons within the application for verification, in this case myself as her husband, and my father, our destination.

Perhaps it was naive of us to omit supporting documents, however as a European country has already checked certain details (in this case Germany), it seems sensible to me that a differing Euro nation should then treat this person as a euro citizen.... especially as she is granted euro rights within Germany, and hold an ID / residency permit for this country.

I find it difficult to fully understand the UK boarders website, but as an appeals form was not provided with the refusal documents, it seems that an appeal cannot be made... however on the same website it does state that dependents or family of British citizens are entitled to an appeal.....

At this time we are both very angry, the whole process was very expensive and time consuming, only to be rejected.... I served the UK in the Army for years, and now they deny my wife access for a short visit... it disheartens me.. :shock:

Any assistance or ideas ??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 am

You can appeal or re-apply as you choose. Otherwise, if you are working in Germany (registered as employed or self-employed, she can apply for an EEA family permit, which is free and does not require the onerous paperwork of the UK visit visa.

random3s
Newly Registered

Post by random3s » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info.... an EEA family permit would have sufficed, I actually asked the consulate here in Germany for advice prior to applying for a visa, and they failed to mention the family permit route, which would have been ideal..

Since the visa was refused my wifes passport now has a dirty big refused entry to the UK stamp on one of the pages, does anyone know if they eventually cover this over when a visa is accepted.....it isnt ideal having that stamp in there, especially especially if we apply for visas elsewhere and they see that.... :roll:

Mela

Post by Mela » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Dont worry so much about the refusal stamp, yes, you do need to mention this on application forms when your wife will apply for other visas, but in explanation box just put down that you applied for a wrong type of visa and was rejected but subsequently applied for right visa which was approved. thats it, all they need to see is the reason why you were rejected, in you case it will not have the negative impact.