ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have 60 month finished can I apply for Naturalisation.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ireland03
Newly Registered

I have 60 month finished can I apply for Naturalisation.

Post by Ireland03 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I came in Ireland in 2003 for higher study after finish my graduation i got work permit in Dec. 2007 for 2 years then i renewed for 3 years. which was all together 5 years i mean 60 months.

When i went to local garda station they refused me to give stamp 4 as i have 5 weeks short to complete 60 months due to waiting for work permit.

Anyway officer told me to apply for another work permit so i applied same day. then i went to garda station to get temporary stamp while i was waiting for my work-permit. she said that once i would show her copy of email from department of enterprise that work-permit department has received my application and its under process then she would give me temporary stamp for 3 months.

Though i showed her that they received my application but dept. are looking for further documents. well then i showed her copy of email then i received 3 months stamp. within these process i had 2 weeks gap in the stamp before i received 3 months temporary stamp. i tried everything to stop gap in the stamp. well if i would know that i need another work permit i would definitely applied well in advance.

Then, when i received my unlimited work permit i went with this to local garda station she gave me stamp 1 for 1 year.Instead of stamp 4. As we know that if i don't cross maximum 6 months i am eligible for stamp 4. where i had only 5 weeks gap within 5 years work-permit. and i applied for unlimited work permit and i received that still i got stamp 1 instead of stamp 4 though i fulfilled 60 months

Under new naturalization calculator i have to prove that last one year i had no gap in the stamp prior to submit application.

Here is the problem.....since Dec. 2011 till Dec. 2012 i had no gap and i went to local garda station to extend my stamp but they refused me so i had 2 weeks gap. so i extend my stamp on Jan 2013

Now my question does any one face or anyone know that with this two weeks gap am i eligible to apply for Irish naturalization.
Because its clearly shows that i have short 250 days etc.

I need information and help. Please ..Please

Thank you so much in advance.
I look forward to hearing from you guys.[/b]

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm

You must have 1 year continuous residence, and must not have any gap on your stamp prior to the date of your Naturalisation application.

Your naturalisation application will be rejected in the first stage as you do not meet the residency requirements.

I suggest you talk to whoever that dealt with you stamp renewal to issue you a letter outlining the difficulties you faced at the time of your stamp renewal. Then you can submit that along with your naturalisation application.

Again this is only an advice and I dont know whats gonna be the outcome of it after you applied with the letter from your local garda station or wherever. But if you really want to apply for naturalisation, that would be your best try.

Best of luck.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Your best bet would be waiting another year as the INIS will not adhere to your situation and the application will be rejected.As it is mandatory that u have continuous 1 year residency without any gap in the last year.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but waiting for another year would be better as by that time the backlog for citizenship will be over as well.
This is a very common problem that many peoples face ,you should have gone for your renewal atleast two weeks before as GNIB official asks you to submit so many documents which might be not be available immediately.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm

you should wait another years as mention in residence calcultar

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

I would say that you have to wait another year. then lets say a month before your stamp expires, try to renew your permission with stamp 4. that way, you will covered, and can submit your application exactly a year after your jan 2013 stamp without any gaps.
or you can apply for long term residency as soon as you complete 60 months and hopefully it would be approved before your permission expires in 2014. you would get 5 years stam that will cover you during the citizenship application