ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalized BC Inviting Family from India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Srinibondugula

Naturalized BC Inviting Family from India

Post by Srinibondugula » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Guys,

My application for BC was recently approved and i have taken an Oath last week. I was presented a Naturilization certificate after the Oath ceremony which would allow me to apply for British Passport. But due to some urgency, I would need to invite my family members in India on Visit Visa now.

My question is...Should i present myself as Indian Citizen with ILR visa in the application to UKBA? I cannot use British Citizen status until i get a British passport and the applicant needs to mention my passport number in the application form. I have asked my family to apply Visa with Sponsor holding ILR Visa in UK. But i'm slight worried that the case worker may reject the application the stating that the Sponsor is technically a BC and not an indian citizen. I need to wait for another three weeks if i have to apply as a BC which i cannot do at the moment.

Please could you advise? Your help is much appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalized BC Inviting Family from India

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Srinibondugula wrote:My question is...Should i present myself as Indian Citizen with ILR visa in the application to UKBA? I cannot use British Citizen status until i get a British passport
One, it makes no difference to the outcome of the decision, and two, you don't need to have a British passport to be British. Millions of British citizens don't have a British passport.

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I hope it should not make a difference. I would love to get this applied as a British citizen but since Sponsors number is a mandatory field on the Visit Visa application, I'm inclined to go with Indian passport number with ILR Visa.

gg234

Post by gg234 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Once you are BC your indian passport is not valid.
Srinibondugula wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply. I hope it should not make a difference. I would love to get this applied as a British citizen but since Sponsors number is a mandatory field on the Visit Visa application, I'm inclined to go with Indian passport number with ILR Visa.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm

but you have a grace period of 3 months to surrender your indian passport during which time you can travel to india on indian passport.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 am

That is to ease the transition untill one gets British passport for travel. The intention is not suppsoed to be using the Indian passport as a claim to Indian citizenship in this three months grace period.

Legally the moment you take oath and get certificate you are British citizen and your Indian natinality is no more valid.