ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request advice on ILR application for a PBS dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Applu Rose
Newly Registered

Request advice on ILR application for a PBS dependent

Post by Applu Rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi all,

I have a concern regarding my ILR visa application!!

I will just explain my situation first-
I was/am a dependent of a Tier 1 visa. My husband was a Tier 1 visa holder until November 2012. In November, he was granted ILR status. But since I had not completed two years of life in the UK at that time, I was not eligible to apply for the ILR status along with my husband. Therefore,as suggested by UKBA, I applied for an extension of my previous visa as a Tier 1 dependent. I recieved the Biometric RP and it is valid until 2017. They had also mentioned that if I prefer to change to ILR, I could do it anytime after I complete my 2 years (that is in March 2013).
Since I am completing 2 years of life in the UK in March 2013, I would like to apply for the ILR right now.

I am just confused with the visa category that I should apply for!!

How should I apply for the visa since my husband is already on ILR? Should I be the main applicant or is there an option to apply as a dependent of the PBS applicant?

It would be really great if someone could answer my query!!

Thank you in advance,

Regards
Rose