ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting financial requirement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awz1
Newly Registered

Meeting financial requirement for spouse visa

Post by awz1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello

I earn a non taxable postgraduate scholorship of £16416 and I know the minimum requirement is £18600 gross. As I don't get taxed, will this be looked as my gross salary or as a equivalent of a taxed salary? I realise not many people will have a similar scenario as mine but any help is appreciated as this is causing me a lot of stress. I just want to be with my partner.

regards

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Not my area of expertise, but I doubt they will consider it.

awz1
Newly Registered

Post by awz1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 am

Gagan1986 wrote:Not my area of expertise, but I doubt they will consider it.
Its ridiculous if they don't. My tax free salary of £16416 is equivalent to a taxable salary of £21127.39 which is well above the £18600 minimum. I feel that this would be just another way that the UKBA is trying to ruin peoples lives.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:42 am

awz1 wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:Not my area of expertise, but I doubt they will consider it.
Its ridiculous if they don't. My tax free salary of £16416 is equivalent to a taxable salary of £21127.39 which is well above the £18600 minimum. I feel that this would be just another way that the UKBA is trying to ruin peoples lives.
You are partly right but with regard to the July 2012 rule changes the blame must really rest at the door of the government and not UKBA for the most part.

The reason these rules are not designed to tighten up while offering fairness and common-sense-flexibility at the same time, but instead to simply shave off as many migrants from each category as possible for statistical purposes, is purely because of the Conservative's surreally ridiculous manifesto commitment to get immigration down to the 'tens of thousands'

awz1
Newly Registered

Post by awz1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 am

Well I will not shy away from this and if there are problems with my application, which I hope there are not, I will fight against it as its stupid. I have worked hard all my life and have been successful and won't have no silly rules try to ruin my relationship. In the worst case scenario I will just leave the country.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 am

awz1 wrote:Well I will not shy away from this and if there are problems with my application, which I hope there are not, I will fight against it as its stupid. I have worked hard all my life and have been successful and won't have no silly rules try to ruin my relationship. In the worst case scenario I will just leave the country.
Will that's not so much a victory over the government as giving them exactly what they want, to be honest. I understand you though, I started to favour the EU route too and at the moment my plan is go to Ireland this summer. I can meet the financial threshold for UK spouse visa but I only just started earning the required money, so that's 6 months from next payday i.e. can't even apply until October 1st.

And to be honest, in the current culture of 'get the numbers down at all costs' how can we be sure UKBA won't refuse for some other trivial reason even if you meet the financial requirement? We're a long way from having a fair, fit-for-purpose immigration service at the moment. About as far away as many so-called 'authoritarian' countries are, that sounds like an exaggeration but for so many people that's their experience.

awz1
Newly Registered

Post by awz1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:21 am

And to be honest, in the current culture of 'get the numbers down at all costs' how can we be sure UKBA won't refuse for some other trivial reason even if you meet the financial requirement?
I'm sure they will find anything to not give you a visa.Instead of looking for reasons to give you a visa, they are looking for anything to not give you one. With regards to leaving the country, my relationship with my wife means everything to me and I can't bare to live without her and if worse comes to worse I will leave everything for her.

I have friends who bought over wifes from other countries just before the new rules came in who have and never will work. Where is the justice in that?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 am

awz1 wrote:Hi I was wondering if someone could help me

Applying under category C for spouse visa says that university stripends must have 12 months or longer left to be used as source of income.

However if I apply under category D cash savings I am allowed to use the non employment income as an additonal source of income. My question is would the stripend still count if it has less than 12 months remaining? Its not very clear about this in the UKBA documet
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 am

st pauli wrote:I understand you though, I started to favour the EU route too and at the moment my plan is go to Ireland this summer.
A good alternative.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.