ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is better dependent spouse visa or company work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

Which is better dependent spouse visa or company work permit

Post by stitaprajna » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:51 am

I am working as a software developer in an MNC in India and my wife is a PR in UK. I want to get to UK as early as possible.

I have two options:
1. Spouse visa: I have most of the docs ready and I plan to apply in 2 weeks.
2. Company work permit/visa: I am trying from my company side for a possible internal transfer to company location in the UK or to one of the client's place in the UK. I am not sure yet if there are any opportunities available but might get clearer picture in 2 weeks.

Just want to know which of the options is better and why.
Spouse visa - independent of company (but dependent on spouse :D), will have to look for job, the visa and travel cost will have to be borne by me (1500 GBP !!), will have to resign from my current company also.

Work-permit from company - visa & travel expenses borne by company, I don't have to search for a job though salary may be lesser, visa depends on company or for the duration of the project.

One more thought is combination of the two - go on a company work-permit then if required switch to spouse visa in the UK. But, will the immigration/spouse visa become tougher so that it is better to get the spouse visa done ASAP?

Please help me here.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

If you plan on getting PR/ILR in the future, and given the way rules change almost every weekend, my preference would be spouse route.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:48 pm

See also Guidance.

Moreover, Intra Company Transfers after 6th April 2010 may not lead to settlement (when 245GF(d) fails).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.