ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certifying Passport Copies

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varunadas
Newly Registered

Certifying Passport Copies

Post by varunadas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi

Can somebody confirm if you need to certify each page of passport ? I with my wife and son have 6 passports (each renewed once), so there are more than 100 pages to certify. Since our new passports are brand new, no visa pages, no entry stamps, the solicitor is saying that he does not need to certify blank pages as there is nothing to certify. Not sure Home Office will agree with this or might ask for originals defeating the whole purpose of sending copies.

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 pm

What application is this regarding? If BC, consider NCS service. They will copy whatever is required for a flat fee per applicant.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jackc
Newly Registered

Form AN (Sec 2 question)

Post by Jackc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 am

Hello,

In section 2: Residence requirement, it asks "date and place of first arrival in the UK". For "place", shall I write "Heathrow airport" or ??

Thanks for ur answer.

varunadas
Newly Registered

Post by varunadas » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:What application is this regarding? If BC, consider NCS service. They will copy whatever is required for a flat fee per applicant.
It is for BC. However, I do not feel the need to use NCS as I have to pay the fees for 3 applicants.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm

If you need to keep Original copy or feel insecure to send out the Original copy then NCS is the choice.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Somudro wrote:If you need to keep Original copy or feel insecure to send out the Original copy then NCS is the choice.
The HO website now says, "You may apply directly without using the NCS or a representative. You must submit either original documents, or a fully certified photocopy of your documents."

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm

You can choose to do yours and wife via NCS, and children a bit later by yourself. In my case, with UK born children, I just sent copies of my passport and ILR BRP. Not attested. My personal view is, if they (HO/UKBA) want they can check as they issued me visa to enter the country, they issued me ILR, and they might as well dig into their data warehouse to confirm I am still the same person as I was 6 years ago.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

varunadas
Newly Registered

Post by varunadas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:You can choose to do yours and wife via NCS, and children a bit later by yourself. In my case, with UK born children, I just sent copies of my passport and ILR BRP. Not attested. My personal view is, if they (HO/UKBA) want they can check as they issued me visa to enter the country, they issued me ILR, and they might as well dig into their data warehouse to confirm I am still the same person as I was 6 years ago.
I am planning to just provide certified photocopy for the whole family as of now. I do not want to delay this any further as fees are going ridiculously higher from 6 April (+20%).

If they insist on asking for original documents, I can send them via Special Delivery and hopefully it will be with them for shorter duration. I have noticed that the delay is generally due to lack of available Case Worker and once somebody is allocated the processing is quick unless they are waiting for some checks results from other agencies.