ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised but Non EU parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxtor
Newly Registered

Naturalised but Non EU parents

Post by maxtor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I am about to get naturalised in coming months but I am just wondering after I receiving my citizenship how can I bring my non EU parents here to live with me permanently. Is there any way getting it done.
I would appreciate if some one could help with some sort of ideas of solutions

Regards

Malika

Re: Naturalised but Non EU parents

Post by Malika » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm

maxtor wrote:Hi everyone,
I am about to get naturalised in coming months but I am just wondering after I receiving my citizenship how can I bring my non EU parents here to live with me permanently.
It all boils down to money.................i.e Can you afford to support them or are the financially well-off?(not to be a burden on the state)
Is there any way getting it done.
I would appreciate if some one could help with some sort of ideas of solutions.
Regards

I am sure if you satisfy the conditions, it would be possible but be prepared to jump through so many hoops. :)
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

maxtor
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalised but Non EU parents

Post by maxtor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Malika wrote:
maxtor wrote:Hi everyone,
I am about to get naturalised in coming months but I am just wondering after I receiving my citizenship how can I bring my non EU parents here to live with me permanently.
It all boils down to money.................i.e Can you afford to support them or are the financially well-off?(not to be a burden on the state)
Is there any way getting it done.
I would appreciate if some one could help with some sort of ideas of solutions.
Regards

I am sure if you satisfy the conditions, it would be possible but be prepared to jump through so many hoops. :)
We are financially well settled so it is not a problem supporting and I am working in a IT firm so money is not a big issue.

Malika

Post by Malika » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

That's good............... maybe you could get an immigration lawyer to give you concrete advice.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm

I agree with Malika. You should also know that there is no legislation in Ireland for a Non EU parents of an Irish citizen to join them. This is one of the most difficult Visa you could ever asked for as far as I know.

INIS even find it very very difficult to issue a Visit Visa for a Non EU parents/Siblings of an Irish citizen to visit them.

It all comes down to money really, and since you said that money ain't the issue, all you gotta do is try!

Keep us updated though :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:41 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:This is one of the most difficult Visa you could ever asked for as far as I know.
What's the relation to Visa? In instance, my parents are non-EU but they do not require any Visa for visiting Ireland. Does it mean that they come and stay? No. It all about the bloody descretion and mood of minister in absence of clear immigration policies and legislation.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:35 pm

COCAO, it's easier if the parents are non visa required. Then they can seek permission to remain as self sufficient person. they would have to show the financial funds (pensions from back home, etc) and have medical insurance. they could get stamp 3.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm

The simplest way may be for you to move to Northern Ireland and get a job (even part time one day a week) there. This may trigger EU migrant worker rights.
BL