ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Status while waiting for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilaluk
Newly Registered

Wife's Status while waiting for ILR on the basis of 10 yrs

Post by bilaluk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi All

I've applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency about more than 6 months ago (18th August) but still haven't got a decision from UKBA. I'm currently on Tier 1 (general) visa and my visa expires on 17th March. I applied before the expiry of my current visa because I've already completed 10 years before making the application.

Now the issue is that I haven't sent my Wife's passport along with my application to UKBA and her visa is set to expire on 17th of March too. My wife is living here as my dependent. If, for example, UKBA takes about another month or more then my wife will be overstaying so what I should do in this instance. Can I make an application for the extension of her visa while my application is under consideration with UKBA? If so, what form should I use?

Many thanks in advance!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 pm

She may post a FLR(M) application before her leave expires. State that your Long residence ILR is pending.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bilaluk
Newly Registered

Post by bilaluk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Many thanks Vinny! Any idea how many months leave they usually give on this form?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm

If she is under the old rules, then it's 2 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bilaluk
Newly Registered

Post by bilaluk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks a lot!

bilaluk
Newly Registered

Post by bilaluk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Vinny

Sorry another quick query.... Her Tier 1 (general) dependent visa was issued in June 2011. Does she fall under the old rule or new rule?

Many thanks for your help!