ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help / No year on naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sachin26
Newly Registered

Urgent help / No year on naturalisation certificate

Post by sachin26 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Dear members,
I would really appreciate advice as my naturalisation certificate has been returned by the Passport office as my council forgot to put the year on my naturalisation certificate!!!.IPS has kept my passport and they want me to send amended copy of naturalisation certificate.
What are my options
1. ?? Council to amend and reinsert the year or
2.?? To contact Home office to amend the certificate

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

barnaby

Re: Urgent help / No year on naturalisation certificate

Post by barnaby » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 pm

sachin26 wrote:I would really appreciate advice as my naturalisation certificate has been returned by the Passport office as my council forgot to put the year on my naturalisation certificate!!!.IPS has kept my passport and they want me to send amended copy of naturalisation certificate.
What are my options
1. ?? Council to amend and reinsert the year or
2.?? To contact Home office to amend the certificate
I have no idea what the right answer is, but I would try the council first. Because (a) the HO could take months to reply, and (b) the council was responsible for writing the date on the certificate and can probably correct it by hand.

sachin26
Newly Registered

Post by sachin26 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks Barnaby.
I did take my naturalization certificate back to my council.They inserted the year and I also asked them to give me a letter saying that I have attended the ceremony on the date shown in the certificate.I wrote a letter to passport office along with the councils letter and I have received the passport last week after attending the interview.
I think if I made the right decision in not sending the certificate back to UKBA as it would have taken at least minimum of 4 weeks for them to reply back to me!!!!!!

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 pm

sachin26 wrote:Thanks Barnaby.
I did take my naturalization certificate back to my council.They inserted the year and I also asked them to give me a letter saying that I have attended the ceremony on the date shown in the certificate.I wrote a letter to passport office along with the councils letter and I have received the passport last week after attending the interview.
I think if I made the right decision in not sending the certificate back to UKBA as it would have taken at least minimum of 4 weeks for them to reply back to me!!!!!!
That's great news!