ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wierd Situation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malikscompany

Wierd Situation

Post by malikscompany » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I got 5 years spamp4 EUfam in 2008 , it was due to expire in 2012, 3 months before it wasdue to expire I went to my local Garda Immigration officer and she gave me another stamp 4eufam for 5 more years started from feb 2012 and isued me a garda card for 5 years.

I applied for citizenship in 2012.

I moved to another town and went to the Garda station to change my address last week and she told me something I wasnt expecting . she said that Garda is not allowed to renew my stamp without a letter from INIS and you should have applied for permanent resident card when your last stamp expired. and because of that I am not in INIS system but I am in Garda system. she called INIS straight away and they confirmed it that Local Garda should'nt have given me another stamp 4 eufam and it may effect my application for naturalisation.

so INIS told me to send euform 3 as soon as possible and because its not my fault and I already have stamp on my passport which is Valid so they will process my application quicker and backdate it too.

I have been out from the country and passed immigration check without any problem bacause I am already in Garda system but not in INIS, but INIS have a note in their file about me that its not my fault and I hope it will not effect my application for naturalisation .

this is the second time garda made mistake with me , once a garda was going to charge me fees for GNIB card and I had to print and show him that Stamp 4euFam is exempt from the GNIB card fees.

this work was from an experienced qualified Garda immigration officer who issued me the stamp. so guys when you go to garda for something please do your homework and it will save you from hasle you may face in the future.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Da heck?!.. All I could say is totally incompetence.

Sometimes it worries me that I know better than most experienced staff in certain sectors/organisations and that shouldn't happen!

I have mentioned this before in this forum.

Some people needs to be retrained, seriously.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Da heck?!.. All I could say is totally incompetence.

Sometimes it worries me that I know better than most experienced staff in certain sectors/organisations and that shouldn't happen!

I have mentioned this before in this forum.

Some people needs to be retrained, seriously.
totaly agree with you , I delt with 4 Officers and 2 of them made mastakes with me.