ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Approval!

Post by Latintraveller » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 pm

I am happy that my wife and our son's visas have been approved. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help.

One quick query though! The email from the department mentions; " The visas are 6 month multiple entry visas to facilitate enough time for submittal of applications for permanent residency on the basis of you exercising your EU Treaty Rights."

I thought that the visa was for three months (by then we have to visit the local Garda) and also I thought the application for permanent residency is after five years not six months.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

That means that you got a six months 'window' to enter the country. It will probably be from today to start of August. Your spouse must enter before her entry visa expires.
Entry visas are valid for crossing the border only.
At the airport your spouse will get a stamp for either 1 or 3 months. Then she will lodge an application for a Residence card, will get issued with a temporary stamp 4 for 6 months, and in the end if granted, will get stamp 4EUFAM for 5 years.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Approval!

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Latintraveller wrote:I am happy that my wife and our son's visas have been approved. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help.

One quick query though! The email from the department mentions; " The visas are 6 month multiple entry visas to facilitate enough time for submittal of applications for permanent residency on the basis of you exercising your EU Treaty Rights."

I thought that the visa was for three months (by then we have to visit the local Garda) and also I thought the application for permanent residency is after five years not six months.

Thanks!
Great to hear this. The visa will allow entry until it expires. A residence card needs to be applied for within three months of entry. PR after five years.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am

So in summary the visa is an authorisation for them to enter the country in order to apply for a residence card. This means you will have to provide similar documents to what they looked at for the visa application plus a few extra, and they will look at everything again to decide whether to give your family members a 5 years residence card (and after the 5 years you can apply for permanent residence).

Even though they will look at everything again and in theory they could refuse, in practice it would be pretty stupid to have granted them a visa specifically to come and apply for the residence card, and then to deny the application; so you are almost there :-) ... still some paperwork to submit and 6 months wait after they arrive in Ireland ... and after that you should be fine for the next 5 years ;-)

T & G

Re: Approval!

Post by T & G » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Latintraveller wrote:I am happy that my wife and our son's visas have been approved. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help.

Thanks!
Hi, congratulations! : ) I just wanted to know, how long did the examination process take in your case? I have been waiting for join spouse visa for last 11 months and no reply yet. : (