ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do i need to apply, when, and how long does it take ?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ConnorE19
Newly Registered

What do i need to apply, when, and how long does it take ?

Post by ConnorE19 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Ok, so i WANT to move and start my new life over in England, i have met a few people who have came down here and i have built great relationships with them and want to permanently move to England.

Now that being said, obviously i cant do that just of yet, i would have to have a job or something and get my working visa which is what this topic is about.

Nothing that i have come across has simply said what i need!, its as if i find out new things i would need or have to have or get everyday, its annoying !.

I live in Ontario,Canada currently, want to work in England, so i want to get a working visa, for two years. Education, i went to school for personal training, have been in the fitness industry as sales as well for 2 plus years, sales for 5 years, and taught kids in self defense for one year.

So simply, what do i need to register for my visa, and where and how do i go about doing this, if you can help me that would be great, it feels like my head is about to explode ! ! ! .

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 pm

To get a visa first if all you need is a job. So start applying for jobs and see if any employer is keen to sponsor you.

Superhappy
Newly Registered

Post by Superhappy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 pm

As you are an excellent English speaker, getting a job once you are in UK is relatively uncomplicated, as long as your immigration status allows you the entry into the country. Before you obtain your social security, you will need to open a bank account (usually during the time when you are looking for a residency to give your address). At the same time, you can begin your job search by printing our cv (being original counts) on postcards and handing them out to a variety of places in your area may help you find temporary employment before finding a better position. Many folks find gumtree really useful for finding accomodation and work in UK upon arrival.