ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure which visa...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bellln
Newly Registered

Not sure which visa...

Post by bellln » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm a student from America, and will be a senior and will be 21 years old, and I'm wishing to take a semester off from school and get a job at a restaurant, pub, etc. for about four months while living in the UK. I've researched visas on the UK visa site but I just don't know which one I could apply for since it's under six months and I don't have a sponsor and I don't want to be a student while there. I would be the only one traveling, and I've been to the UK three times before for traveling. Can anyone help me or has anyone done this before themselves? Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 pm

There is no visa for your situation. You can't take any form of job in the UK as a visitor.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:18 pm

In order to be able to work you need to have work permission.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Sorry but there are no 'working holiday visas' for American citizens. Canadians yes, Americans no. The reason is because they are reciprocal agreements - and the US doesn't offer these types of visas to anyone.