ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just a bit confused!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mikaela09
Newly Registered

Just a bit confused!

Post by mikaela09 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Good Day!

Just a bit confused....I am a visa national and planning to visit UK to accompany my minor brittish son to visit his father for just 3 weeks, which visa category do i need to apply? General or Family Visit Visa? Thanks in advance.

mikaela09
Newly Registered

Post by mikaela09 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 am

Hi guys,

Am here again, any reply for my post above will be much appreciated..thank you!

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 am

Hi,

Can you provide some more information? -

1) Which Country are you planning to visit from ?
2) Your Nationality
3) Your minor sons Nationality?
4) Where does your son live?
5) Are you planning to visit your son who lives in the UK?

mikaela09
Newly Registered

Post by mikaela09 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 pm

samriti2u wrote:Hi,

Can you provide some more information? -

1) Which Country are you planning to visit from ?
2) Your Nationality
3) Your minor sons Nationality?
4) Where does your son live?
5) Are you planning to visit your son who lives in the UK?
Hi samriti2u, Thank you for your time to reply,

I'm from Philippines, a Filipino citizen, My son is British Citizen and holding a British passport as his father is a british national,my son lives with me at the moment, i took him here in the Philippines as no one will look after him in UK while am here, coz his father has a full time job, I have no plan to go back to UK anymore after my student visa expired but because of my son I decided to accompany him to visit his father and relatives in UK for just a few weeks, My first application was refused due to lack of social and economic tie in the country, but actually i have a strong tie as i have my eldest son who is studying here as well as I have a wee business to look up too..am just confused about the refusal as I applied for a Family permit but on the refusal it was stated there Visit visa general, it is the same? thats why I'am quite confused if which visa category do I need to apply (family or General)? and it is possible to apply without a sponsor coz i will shoulder all our expenses for our visit..and also it is possible to apply for a 2 years visa rather than the 6 months route? Thanks