ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankers Draft and Postal Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elpis
Newly Registered

Bankers Draft and Postal Application

Post by elpis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 pm

I need urgent help. I shall be sending my Tier 1 extension application through postal service to UKBA in next few days. UKBA website says that for postal applications you can only pay with Cheque, Postal order or deit/credit cards. However, Bankers draft are acceptale for in person applications. I wanted to pay home office with bankers draft for my postal application. There is a column on the Tier 1 application form for bankers drafts but as per their website bankers draft is only acceptable method of payment for in person applications. Please advise:

Can I use Bankers draft with postal application?
thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Bankers Draft and Postal Application

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm

elpis wrote:UKBA website says that for postal applications you can only pay with Cheque, Postal order or deit/credit cards. However, Bankers draft are acceptale for in person applications.
thanks
Can you paste the url please

elpis
Newly Registered

Post by elpis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:22 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
elpis wrote:UKBA website says that for postal applications you can only pay with Cheque, Postal order or deit/credit cards. However, Bankers draft are acceptale for in person applications.
thanks
yess - please check:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 pm

elpis wrote:
tahirnaveed wrote:
thanks
yess - please check:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/
The link you have pasted is correct but there are many people who use bankers draft, any senior can help you with that

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Banker's draft is nothing but a cheque issued by the bank itself.
I have recently applied dependants visa by post using bankers draft from lloyds TSB... and its the same cheque we use for our personal current accounts...

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

UKBA wes-sites are well knowm for omissions and inconsistencies. please check the application form , it allows you to use bankers draft, ayway its the same as check even more secure for UKBA as it can not bounce back