ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal orders for Tier 1 General Visa Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrago
Newly Registered

Postal orders for Tier 1 General Visa Extension

Post by farrago » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi

I want to make sure that there are no delays in the processing of my Tier 1 General Visa Extension so I want to use a postal order. But I get the impression from the Royal Mail website that postal orders are only available up to £250. So do people actually get six of these for a mail-in application and eight for a PEO one. Or is there a way to get a larger denomination postal order and if so, what does it cost?

Thanks

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Why are you going with Postal order?

Go to your bank and ask for Bankers Draft(Demand Draft) for name Home Office and amount, they will provide you for any amount..

farrago
Newly Registered

Post by farrago » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 pm

I did the banker's draft last time with a postal app, but it was unclear to me if all PEOs accept them. Still trying to get a PEO appt online.
ManiKing wrote:Why are you going with Postal order?

Go to your bank and ask for Bankers Draft(Demand Draft) for name Home Office and amount, they will provide you for any amount..

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Not all PEO accept Bankers draft.
Bankers draft is not accepted by Glasgow and Cardiff offices.

Other offices accept Bankers draft.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 am

If you are going to a PEO, why not just pay by debit or credit card? Payment won't just be declined unless you have an actual limit on your account or not enough credit. Worst case scenario is that they would want to do further security checks, but they can't just decline payment if you have the money available and are there to do any necessary verification.

I'm sure UKBA is consider a "safe" merchant by most banks, so there are very few issues.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 am

Additionally, you can call your bank and let them know that high value transaction will happen on specified date... I used Barclaycard and they put a note so the transaction goes through and also provided direct number of the fraud detection team who can authorise in case the transaction referred or declined.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Pay orders are best mode of payment for postal or PEO applications unless you are going to Glasgow or Cardiff PEOs

avoid all the hassles and anxiety of card payment or whether the card payment will go through or not
Manka

Mela

Post by Mela » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

bubin123 wrote:Additionally, you can call your bank and let them know that high value transaction will happen on specified date... I used Barclaycard and they put a note so the transaction goes through and also provided direct number of the fraud detection team who can authorise in case the transaction referred or declined.
Just a small correction note, there is no way to pre notify the system, because this itself can create fraud. fraudsters can obtain the details call the bank, pre-notify them and then commit fraud, so banks dont enetrtain this process of notification in advnace. yes, they can put a note on your account if you ask them but fruad detection is an automatic process and doesnt detect manually enetred notes.

However, banks allow people to levae notes if they wantto for the simple reason: to protect their back if the fraud is committed and its argurable whtether its a fraud as accout holder cliams or its a atrnsaction authorised by the account holder himslef, the truth will be on bank, they have your note that you pre-notified them, hence authorised it, hence you wont recover your money.

to cut it short, dont bother with cards.