ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portugal visa for Indian citizens visiting UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitgaur
Newly Registered

Portugal visa for Indian citizens visiting UK

Post by amitgaur » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I am a British citizen working in the UK. My parents are in the UK visiting from India ( they are Indian citizens) I want them to accompany me to a holiday in Portugal. Can they apply for portugal tourist Visa in the UK?
Many thanks
Amit

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Yes they can. They need to get a Schengen visa. Go to Portugal's London Embassy website. Most embassies outsource visa processing to a company called VFS, so you will likely find a VFS link.

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

As far as I know, you have to apply for visa in your country of origin if you are visiting on a tourist visa.
So best check with Portugal embassy. I have heard that they are not very efficient at the Portuguese embassy but you can try.

HTH

amitgaur
Newly Registered

Post by amitgaur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 pm

I should clarify that they are in the UK at the moment on a tourist visa ( valid for 6 months).
Amit

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Moved to the correct forum section.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Portugal visa for Indian citizens visiting UK

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:11 pm

amitgaur wrote:I am a British citizen working in the UK. My parents are in the UK visiting from India ( they are Indian citizens) I want them to accompany me to a holiday in Portugal. Can they apply for portugal tourist Visa in the UK?
Many thanks
Amit
Normally, Shengen countries expect applicants to apply in the country of origin. They make exceptions where it would be considered disproportionate for them to require this.

Please see this document for some details (it is rather long, but does give some examples). http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... 620_en.pdf

Note that if your parents were dependent on you, then directive 2004/38/EC would apply and your parents could apply for a free-facilitated visa.