ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting the financial requirements - help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Meeting the financial requirements - help

Post by thunderb0lt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 am

Hi all

Can someone please help with my query. I am a British Citizen and would like to get my wife and child to the UK on spouse visa.

My understanding is that as a sponsor I need to earn at least £22,400.

What I want to know is how many months pay slips and bank accounts do I need to show if I meet this requirement via 2 jobs. Is it 6 months or 12 months?

Secondly, if say, I am earning £18,000, how much savings would I need to have and for how long to meet the financial requirements.

Also, can you please point me to section of the guidance that explains and confirms the answers to my query.

Many thanks

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am

My understanding was that you have to have been in one of the jobs for at least six months. The other, there is no minimum time limit apart from what is mathematically needed to get you to the limit.

The wording of this category is that you need to show you have made the required amount during the last twelve months.

I don't know whether you actually need to show 12 months worth of payslips if you can evidence that with less. I'll wait for someone more knowledgable than myself to confirm.

Savings question is easy.

Shortfall (£600 in this case) x 2.5 + £16,000 = £17,500 in savings and you need to have held them for six months. This is to reach £18,600. If you are aiming for £22,400 then of course you need to recalculate, as the shortfall is bigger.

BUT if your child has a British passport or you can get them one, they will be exempt from immigration control and therefore you will only be aiming for £18,600 not £22,400

if your child does not have a British passport, refer to this page for whether he/she child may eligible

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply St pauli.

I've read someone people state that you need 12 months that is why I am unsure. I can't find the actual guidance document that relates to this part of the requirement.

Any further help from others is fully appreciated.

Thanks

menwall

Post by menwall » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Section 5 of above document. Category A is what is to be provided if you have been with your current employer for over 6 months, Category B is if you have been with your current employer for less than 6 months (in that case, you need to provide payslips for 12 months++ at the minimum threshold of 18600). The conversations which you have read about may have been referring to Category B (12 months of payslips)?

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm

menwall wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Section 5 of above document. Category A is what is to be provided if you have been with your current employer for over 6 months, Category B is if you have been with your current employer for less than 6 months (in that case, you need to provide payslips for 12 months++ at the minimum threshold of 18600). The conversations which you have read about may have been referring to Category B (12 months of payslips)?
It seems like you can also apply for Category B if you only have one job and have been there for more than six months, but don't have six months of consecutive payslips at the income limit to show. For example you've been in the job, your only job, for a long time but only recently got a pay rise that puts your salary over the threshold level, but in previous months have worked overtime etc.

At least I'm hoping so, if Category B is open to me I can apply one or maybe even two months earlier (still doing the maths).