ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - working part time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n8net
- thin ice -

Tier 2 - working part time

Post by n8net » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi guys,

my friend who was sponsored for Tier 2 (G) has lost his job and looking for another sponsor.in the mean time can he work part time ? - lets say 20 hrs for another employer ?

any links to guidance on this matter.

i know even if u r working for full time for the sponsor who assigned Cos you can work part time .but not sure if u r able to do so if the fulltime job for which the Cos was issued has been terminated.

thanks for any inputs

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:02 am

anyone with info on this please

Gagan1986

Re: Tier 2 - working part time

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:24 pm

n8net wrote:Hi guys,

my friend who was sponsored for Tier 2 (G) has lost his job and looking for another sponsor.in the mean time can he work part time ? - lets say 20 hrs for another employer ?

any links to guidance on this matter.

i know even if u r working for full time for the sponsor who assigned Cos you can work part time .but not sure if u r able to do so if the fulltime job for which the Cos was issued has been terminated.

thanks for any inputs
No you can't. Under tier 2, if he has lost his job he needs to find an employer within 60 day period and switch to new employer under its new new sponsorship.