ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Extension - Still a bit CONFUSED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dan01
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Extension - Still a bit CONFUSED

Post by Dan01 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:59 am

Hi, I'm a 23 year old Canadian citizen who would like to travel in the Republic of Ireland for more than 90 days.

Below is an extract from the excellent Move To Ireland website. http://movetoireland.com/movepag/pasres.htm

"You can freely enter the country on a 90 day visitor's visa. If you're the citizen of many countries, you don't even need a visa..."

"If you decide to stay longer than 90 days once you're here, then you register with the Garda National Immigration Office Or you can contact your local Garda station to register."

"I've been told by Immigration Officers that it's fairly routine and easy to get ONE 90 day extension on a visitor visa, the so called C Visa. Getting a *second* or further 90 day extension is where it gets tough."

It also mentions that Immigration Officers have general discretion and expect a reason for wanting the extension and proof of sufficient funds (and/or a return ticket?). Seems reasonable.

Does this all sound correct? I would love to be able to spend 180 days (or even longer if possible) simply traveling around Ireland. I would have NO intention of trying to work...legally or otherwise.

- What are the chances they'd want a return ticket? Would a bank letter, proof of funds be enough?

- Is this C Visa the same as the Stamp 3 visitor visa? And what is the D visa? Can anyone provide a link explaining all the different non-work visas? A google search hasn't turned much up.

Thanks for any info provided!