ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 moved to Tier one

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaya.says
Newly Registered

Tier2 moved to Tier one

Post by jaya.says » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:19 pm

I have a query regarding ILR:

I have entered in UK on Tier 2 visa on Sep 7 2007 and went to india on Apil 28 2008 (Tier 2 visa valid upto 2009 Sep)

On Tier 2 visa

I got Tier one on Jan 20th 2009 but entered UK on 2009 May ( out side country 4 months after getting Tier one).

As i am outside country for 4 months i need to go for second extn. My question is if I include Tier2 and Tier1 data whether I am eligible for ILR. Please anyone clarify this.

Yday my friend got ILR though he is outside for 9 months . he has splitted 6 months for first year and 3 months for second year..

Anyone came accross like this.

Thanks,
Jaya

db83

Re: Tier2 moved to Tier one

Post by db83 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 pm

jaya.says wrote:I have a query regarding ILR:

I have entered in UK on Tier 2 visa on Sep 7 2007 and went to india on Apil 28 2008 (Tier 2 visa valid upto 2009 Sep)

On Tier 2 visa

I got Tier one on Jan 20th 2009 but entered UK on 2009 May ( out side country 4 months after getting Tier one).

As i am outside country for 4 months i need to go for second extn. My question is if I include Tier2 and Tier1 data whether I am eligible for ILR. Please anyone clarify this.

Yday my friend got ILR though he is outside for 9 months . he has splitted 6 months for first year and 3 months for second year..

Thanks,
Jaya
I think you might have broken the residnce because
1. You were outside the country from Apil 28 2008 to Jan 2009 when you were on Tier 2 (this is what i read from your post)
2. You have to be economically active while you are Tier 2 and outside the country (i.e. pay tax etc). Did you do that ?
3. And your total absence is more than year because you left the country in April 2008 and came back only in May 2009
I'm just trying to help !

jaya.says
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 moved to Tier one

Post by jaya.says » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 pm

thanks
db83 wrote:
jaya.says wrote:I have a query regarding ILR:

On Tier 2 visa

Thanks,
Jaya
I think you might have broken the residnce because
1. You were outside the country from Apil 28 2008 to Jan 2009 when you were on Tier 2 (this is what i read from your post)
2. You have to be economically active while you are Tier 2 and outside the country (i.e. pay tax etc). Did you do that ?
3. And your total absence is more than year because you left the country in April 2008 and came back only in May 2009