ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After naturalization and british passport for children next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifeinuk80
Newly Registered

After naturalization and british passport for children next?

Post by lifeinuk80 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello members

We received our daughter and son's naturalization certificate and we processed for their British passports, My query is that once we received there British passports. As me and my wife hold Indian passport with Indefinite, Do we have to get a visa for my son and daughter to travel to India and before we travel should we surrender there Indian passports(son & daughter) If so how long would it take for the process as we want to travel in may.

Shall we apply for PIO or OCI or Visa.

or what would be the process.

Many thanks

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 am

yes once they get their british passports they need to surrender their indian passports and apply for surrender certificate and then apply for PIO.

They are not eligible for OCI until parents are foriegn nationals i.e in your case british nationals.

For more details please post your queries in this forum.