ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait continues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harsh83uk
Newly Registered

Wait continues

Post by harsh83uk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 am

Hi all,
I have been following this forum everyday as a silent reader. Thought of updating you all with some info.
My timeline:
Date of app: 22 AUG-12
Acknowledgement : 24 AUG 12
Bio metric Invite: 12 OCT-12
Bio metric enrolled: 16 OCT-12
ILR Approval - WAITING

As soon as 6 months was completed on 24 FEB-13, I sent an email to UKBA's complaints UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to which I received a reply by post yesterday stating:-
" I am sorry you have not had any further correspondence from us since we wrote to you on 12 October 2012. Our published standards for ILR applications are that we aim to decide 95% of postal applications within six months. However, all applications are subject to a number of checks that must be made before they can be determined, including some with authorities outside of the UKBA and these can take some time to complete. As we have no control over the length of time taken to deal with these external enquiries, I cannot provide a definite date for conclusion, but can confirm that you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.
According to our records you enrolled your biometric on 16 Oct 2012 and this was successfully linked to your case. Your application will now be allocated to a caseworking team for urgent consideration."

I must also mention that when I had emailed the complaint, I had also contacted my local MP who had also sent a request to UKBA to expedite my application on 26 FEB-13 and thereafter my MP sent another reminder to UKBA on 5 MAR 13.

I have travel plans & tickets booked for 20th March which was booked way back in JULY last year. I had planned it giving enough time for my application (keeping their 6 month guideline in mind) + 1 extra month.
I am hoping to get my passport in the next 10 days, otherwise my travel plans, ticket is all wasted as they are non refundable.
My case is a straight forward case. No previous over stays or refusals. Not been out of UK for more than 45 days every year. Dont know why a straight fwd application is taking so long.

Just checking post everyday hoping the post man will bring my passport soon!!! This forum is so helpful & skydrive gives an idea of how UKBA are processing with applications. Just fingers crossed & hope for the best.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:49 am

Really sorry to hear that it has taken so long.

You have done what you could to chase your application. Just need to wait. Good luck

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 am

Keep following up every day with email, phone and fax...hopefully that should help
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Wait continues

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 pm

harsh83uk wrote:Hi all,
I have been following this forum everyday as a silent reader. Thought of updating you all with some info.
My timeline:
Date of app: 22 AUG-12
Acknowledgement : 24 AUG 12
Bio metric Invite: 12 OCT-12
Bio metric enrolled: 16 OCT-12
ILR Approval - WAITING

As soon as 6 months was completed on 24 FEB-13, I sent an email to UKBA's complaints UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to which I received a reply by post yesterday stating:-
" I am sorry you have not had any further correspondence from us since we wrote to you on 12 October 2012. Our published standards for ILR applications are that we aim to decide 95% of postal applications within six months. However, all applications are subject to a number of checks that must be made before they can be determined, including some with authorities outside of the UKBA and these can take some time to complete. As we have no control over the length of time taken to deal with these external enquiries, I cannot provide a definite date for conclusion, but can confirm that you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.
According to our records you enrolled your biometric on 16 Oct 2012 and this was successfully linked to your case. Your application will now be allocated to a caseworking team for urgent consideration."

I must also mention that when I had emailed the complaint, I had also contacted my local MP who had also sent a request to UKBA to expedite my application on 26 FEB-13 and thereafter my MP sent another reminder to UKBA on 5 MAR 13.

I have travel plans & tickets booked for 20th March which was booked way back in JULY last year. I had planned it giving enough time for my application (keeping their 6 month guideline in mind) + 1 extra month.
I am hoping to get my passport in the next 10 days, otherwise my travel plans, ticket is all wasted as they are non refundable.
My case is a straight forward case. No previous over stays or refusals. Not been out of UK for more than 45 days every year. Dont know why a straight fwd application is taking so long.

Just checking post everyday hoping the post man will bring my passport soon!!! This forum is so helpful & skydrive gives an idea of how UKBA are processing with applications. Just fingers crossed & hope for the best.
Sorry about your plight. Under what category did your apply? Hope you will get a positive response on your ILR. UKBA conduct the number of checks before handing your application to the CW. Don't know what these checks are and why they are taking so long??

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:31 pm

please do reply of what category you have applied and the outcome.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 am

uksettlement wrote:Keep following up every day with email, phone and fax...hopefully that should help
Yes make sure to tell them you are travelling on 20th and it's very important so please can they send documents back ASAP.

harsh83uk
Newly Registered

Post by harsh83uk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Dear All,
I am pleased to inform - the very same day I posted this on the forum, I got my ILR approval & passport.

I applied under 10 year Long term legal continuous stay in the UK on form SET (O).

Applied: 22/08/2012
Acknowledgement: 24/08/2012
Invite for bio-metric: 12/10/2012
Bio-Metric enrolled: 16/10/2012
ILR Approval date: 07/03/2013
Documents received: 09/03/2013

I contacted my local MP who sent 2 reminders to UKBA & I think that helped to expedite my application.

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

harsh83uk wrote:Dear All,
I am pleased to inform - the very same day I posted this on the forum, I got my ILR approval & passport.

I applied under 10 year Long term legal continuous stay in the UK on form SET (O).

Applied: 22/08/2012
Acknowledgement: 24/08/2012
Invite for bio-metric: 12/10/2012
Bio-Metric enrolled: 16/10/2012
ILR Approval date: 07/03/2013
Documents received: 09/03/2013

I contacted my local MP who sent 2 reminders to UKBA & I think that helped to expedite my application.
Great to hear that. Congratulations and enjoy your abroad trip :)
I'm just trying to help !