ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case worker mistake and tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eddie0608
Newly Registered

Case worker mistake and tier 1 extension

Post by eddie0608 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 am

Hi senior members,

Please advice me on the following.

When I applied for tier 1 general initial i was granted the visa. I showed salaried income from one source and dividends from a private limited company where i was the director and was 100% shareholder. However, the case worker mistook my application as if i was a self-employed person instead of a director of a private limited company and accepted only my net income from that source. However, with the net income i was successful to the visa.

Eventually i paid my Corporation tax in full in time. and i closed the company due to bad economic condition and also as i gained a permanent job with a stable growth.

Now my question is when i make my extension application under tier 1 showing only salaried employment from 1 employer, will the ukba make a fuss regarding me not paying tax on self employment status 3 years back even though i provided enough documents to show them i was a director of a company with 100% share holder, earned dividend. Also do you reckon i take my CT payment receipt at the bank incase? evidently it was there fault to recognise me as a self employed person which i was not.

Please help

gurrano2

Post by gurrano2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Can you clarify the source they considered to grant your extension? You did not claearly state the amount in the Salaried job and the amount of dividend you took from the ltd company. What document did you submit for them to grant you your extension then?

paba89

Post by paba89 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Since it was 3 years back they dont bother as tax related queries are maintained by HMRC and not UKBA. But in some cases Visa officers do ask for CT. since now you are in permanent employement. Have you been into this job for 12 months or so. If yes you dont need to mention CT is paid as they wont ask for previous recoeds. But just in case carry all the docs with you if you are going to PEO. if y post just keep everything simple.