ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment in lieu of pension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabby

Payment in lieu of pension

Post by gabby » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I am on tier 1 (general) visa.
Please can someone help me with this question.
My last employer paid me some money tagged "in lieu of pension" as part of my gross salary for the last month and was also taxed. This money represented the Employer's pension contribution which was paid to me instead of into the pension fund as I was leaving them.

My question is: Should I include this amount in my gross earnings for points scoring for my ILR?
Thanks for your responses in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Yes, you can include it. It's not actual pension payment by the employer but in lieu of and was taxed as part of your remuneration.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, you can include it. It's not actual pension payment by the employer but in lieu of and was taxed as part of your remuneration.
That is true. For Pension contributions have to be made by You and the Employer. There is no Tax involved for same.

gabby

Post by gabby » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you so much Lucapooka and Kevin24 for quick responses. Much appreciated.