ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

residency calculator question, EU citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korpy
Newly Registered

residency calculator question, EU citizen

Post by Korpy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Guys, just a quick question regarding the on-line residency calculator.
My friend is an EU CITIZEN since 2007 so he does not have a green book. What should he enter on the "stamp type" box?
Also would they accept the application form without the residency calculator? If is not needed, should we tick NO at section 5.3? Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm

The residency Calculator is not for EU Citizen and therefore not applicable.

You should tick No to it and yes its acceptable.

What an EU citizen need is proof of 5 years residency in the state; utility bills, doctors letter, bank statement, house contracts, etc
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: residency calculator question, EU citizen

Post by dublin3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Korpy wrote:Hi Guys, just a quick question regarding the on-line residency calculator.
My friend is an EU CITIZEN since 2007 so he does not have a green book. What should he enter on the "stamp type" box?
Also would they accept the application form without the residency calculator? If is not needed, should we tick NO at section 5.3? Thanks
Hi Korpy,

When my wife applied for her citizenship our solicitors filled up stamp 4 in the residency calculator.
Also as Integradedmigrant mentioned you would need 3 different proof of address for each year.

Hope that helps

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: residency calculator question, EU citizen

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm

rebel82 wrote:When my wife applied for her citizenship our solicitors filled up stamp 4 in the residency calculator.
Some solicitors are really incompetent! Nothing should be filled in the Stamp section as EU nationals don't have Stamps!.
Your wife is lucky that didn't brought her some trouble from INIS.
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 pm

I can confirm the residence calculator and stamps are irrelevant for EU citizens. Just tell your friend to make sure to enclose with the application 3 bank statements or utility bills per year written for his name and with an address in Ireland.

There is a note on the application form which states this clearly:

"If you are an E.U. citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to for a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc."