ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunilrana80

Visa extension

Post by Sunilrana80 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi friends,
Got my passport back along with the extension of my wife visa...took 4 months and few days.....luckily on time...flying this week...thanks for all the support and advice on this forum...
I have a query...my wife dependant visa was stamped in may 2011,she came here on july 2011.....i had applied for IlR in october and for extension of my wife visa in november. Now as far as i know my wife should be eligible for IlR after two years of her stay here...but she has been granted an extension for 30 months and has been mentioned that she would be eligible for permanent stay here after 60 months... Wasn't this suppose to be 2 years as she had come to UK in2011 before this 5 year spouse visa rule for IlR became applicable..... Any advice would be great...does this rule apply to her also. Pr can we appeal?