ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU FAM visa for Ireland, can we visit UK for wedding?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ltb86
Newly Registered

EU FAM visa for Ireland, can we visit UK for wedding?

Post by ltb86 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi all,

Me and my husband are planning to move to Ireland early next year (if we are granted the EU FAM visa) my query is will my husband be able to travel with me to the UK for my best friends wedding (which i am maid of honour/our daughter flower girl) if so how can we do this, do we need a visa, permission of any sort? DO i need to be working in Ireland first in order for us both to come to uk just for a visit?

Thanks for your help

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 am

Sometimes, it much better to continue posting where you left off rather than starting a new thread. Your post as such has minimal information.

You've stated elsewhere that you are British (that complicates your question). I'm not sure if you are in Ireland yet, but suspect not.

Now to try and answer your question. Assuming you move to Ireland with your spouse and assuming that you work in Ireland, you could apply for a family permit on the basis of Surinder Singh.

The UK does not accept documentation from other EU countries in terms of residence cards and the like, but does offer the facility for entry should one reach a border and be able to argue that one qualifies for entry under the EEA regulations (complicated, I know, best to have the visa if you want to avoid hassle).

You could also apply for a UK tourist visa (paid application).