ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abi123

EEA PR

Post by abi123 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I got a quick question to ask I was wondering if UKBA ask the INLAND REVENUE about people's NI contribution to decided on PR application after 5 years residence in UK under EEA rules, also do they have access to your travel history on European passport? please shed some light many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 pm

You are not required to pay a certain level of NI in order to obtain PR. However, the HO might contact HMRC (or ask you to provide evidence) if they are not convinced you have exercised treaty rights in the UK. More likely, they would just refuse the application if you haven't provided sufficient evidence.

Same goes for absences. They might require further evidence (or just refuse the application) if they are not convinced the EEA national has been a resident for at least 6 months each year during the 5 years.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I would suggest that if you meet the requirements, apply. If not, don't.

It is possible to check check that statements made are true. A false statement could be considered to be an offense.

abi123

EEA PR

Post by abi123 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you everyone many thanks.