ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse dependant visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunilrana80

Spouse dependant visa

Post by Sunilrana80 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:22 pm

I have a query...my wife dependant visa was stamped in may 2011,she came here on july 2011.....i had applied for IlR in october and for extension of my wife visa in november. Now as far as i know my wife should be eligible for IlR after two years of her stay here...but she has been granted an extension for 30 months and has been mentioned that she would be eligible for permanent stay here after 60 months... Wasn't this suppose to be 2 years as she had come to UK in2011 before this 5 year spouse visa rule for IlR became applicable..... Any advice would be great...does this rule apply to her also. Can we appeal against this decision?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 am

You've posted in the wrong part of the forum. I've moved it for you.

Sunilrana80

Post by Sunilrana80 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Sorry for posting in the wrong section n thanks for moving it.....which section is it moved to? I still cant find answer to my questions? :?:

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Re: Spouse dependant visa

Post by ashu.doc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Sunilrana80 wrote:I have a query...my wife dependant visa was stamped in may 2011,she came here on july 2011.....i had applied for IlR in october and for extension of my wife visa in november. Now as far as i know my wife should be eligible for IlR after two years of her stay here...but she has been granted an extension for 30 months and has been mentioned that she would be eligible for permanent stay here after 60 months... Wasn't this suppose to be 2 years as she had come to UK in2011 before this 5 year spouse visa rule for IlR became applicable..... Any advice would be great...does this rule apply to her also. Can we appeal against this decision?
Hi Sunil
I have the almost same sort of doubt, my wife and myself came here in 2010 october on Tier 2. we will be eligible for ILR in 2015 , but my wife had been away to India for 7 months in 2011, so she has crossed 180 days limit. Does the 5 yrs rule apply for her, as she is Tier 2 dependant or 2 yrs as dependant for ILR ??