ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solihull PEO Success Tier 1 to ILR -11th March

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uksettlement
India

Solihull PEO Success Tier 1 to ILR -11th March

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi,

My PEO experience.

HSMP April 2008 to nov2009
Tier 1 nov 2009 to April 2013

Total absence 258 days
At a stretch 150 days

Date: 11th March ( approx 25 days before)
Time: 10:15
PEO: Solihull

Travel: Came to Solihull on Sunday morning as we had planned to come down to cousins place to celebrate their daughter's 16th birthday.

On the day we reached PEO at 9.30 and were asked to come at 9.45 as Solihull PEO is a small PEO and places are at a premium. So went to John Lewis on the same street and came back at 9.45. We were allowed in after the security checks.

10.15 got the token number allotted to us and then at 11.45 or so we were asked to head to the counter to see the case worker. The case worker seemed new and was asking too many unrelated questions . However, gave her passports, application form, photos and life in uk test reports in the order she asked. She returned the payment details page.

She then looked at the form and asked me regarding the current employment. When I informed her that I don't work for the company that I am claiming points she asked " are you working now?" I said yes and she said "you have letter from the new employer?" I said don't have a letter but will a current salary slip suffice? She was fine with that.

Then while going through the form she wanted to know the reason for my 150 days long absence I said it was work related and explained why it was needed. She was satisfied with the explanation. No proofs asked not submitted! Gave her a printed sheet which had details of the absences and stamp page numbers she said thanks.

Then we asked her lifeinuktest scores and as I had expected my wife scored 100% and I scored 92%.

Then she asked for the salary slips and bank statements and was pleased with the highlighting of salary figures in the bank statements.

Then cohab dos were asked took 6 different statements from the various docs we had provided.

She entered the details on the system and asked for the photo copies. Gave her all the photo copies including photo copies of the passports.

Then she said everything seems fine you need to make the payment at the next counter and then after biometrics you can leave the building once we have recorded that and collected the money.

At the payment counter the guy checked the debit card and the payment details page and confirmed that we need to wait outside and will be called for the bio metrics. We waited for 10 mins and then were called for bio metrics. 10 mins After biometrics, we were also told that the payment went thru fine but they were waiting on the bio metrics information to be recorded properly. We were told that we can leave the office and can come back at 2.30 to collect our approval letter and the passports and originals.

We returned at 2.30 and on arrival were told that everything is fine. All the documents and the ILR approval letter were handed to us.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Execllent! many congratulations.

I have one absence of 147 days and I have been always looking for successful cases where absences is above 90 and under 180.

Enjoy!

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Great stuff, congratulations !

Welcome to the club and change your user name now :)
I'm just trying to help !

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Execllent! many congratulations.

I have one absence of 147 days and I have been always looking for successful cases where absences is above 90 and under 180.

Enjoy!
I'd a continuous absence of 188 days overlapping 2 12 month period and I was succesful in getting a ILR. You should be okay I guess if you were on Tier 1

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Congratulations. very happy to hear your success story.

How did you find solihull PEO today, staff,,customer service, environment,..etc

please advise

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 pm

stokbrig wrote:Congratulations. very happy to hear your success story.

How did you find solihull PEO today, staff,,customer service, environment,..etc

please advise
Solihull PEO was decent and professional.

Case worker that handled my case could have been a lot more experienced however, it is going to be like that. Also be prepared to state rules and stand by what you think is required rather than being a yes man.

Customer service was professional.

Environment was ok the PEO is small and not enough seats at the venue. Also crying babies and their stinking nappies can make your wait seem longer.

The only thing good abt Solihull is that the payment is taken almost after approval. However, if you have a straightforward case then there is no need to worry abt the actual PEO!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Congratulations uksettlement. Excellent News. Well done. Really Happy for you.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks Kevin.
Thanks!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 pm

I read from another post that CW is new. She was learning her work. Called the senior CW several times. So many in this forum. are so nervous about P60s and Employment History,I see you have not presented any.There again as you mentioned yours was a "straightforward" one.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote:I read from another post that CW is new. She was learning her work. Called the senior CW several times. So many in this forum. are so nervous about P60s and Employment History,I see you have not presented any.There again as you mentioned yours was a "straightforward" one.
Mine wasnt 100% straight forward case as I was absent from the country for 150 days. Also had changed employer just before the ILR application. So they could have asked for anything. However, the key is to be well prepared and to say NO that is not required and I am sure that approach works at every PEO.
Last edited by uksettlement on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!

alanwong

Re: Solihull PEO Success Tier 1 to ILR -11th March

Post by alanwong » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm

uksettlement wrote:Hi,

My PEO experience.

HSMP April 2008 to nov2009
Tier 1 nov 2009 to April 2013

Total absence 258 days
At a stretch 150 days

Date: 11th March ( approx 25 days before)
Time: 10:15
PEO: Solihull

Travel: Came to Solihull on Sunday morning as we had planned to come down to cousins place to celebrate their daughter's 16th birthday.

On the day we reached PEO at 9.30 and were asked to come at 9.45 as Solihull PEO is a small PEO and places are at a premium. So went to John Lewis on the same street and came back at 9.45. We were allowed in after the security checks.

10.15 got the token number allotted to us and then at 11.45 or so we were asked to head to the counter to see the case worker. The case worker seemed new and was asking too many unrelated questions . However, gave her passports, application form, photos and life in uk test reports in the order she asked. She returned the payment details page.

She then looked at the form and asked me regarding the current employment. When I informed her that I don't work for the company that I am claiming points she asked " are you working now?" I said yes and she said "you have letter from the new employer?" I said don't have a letter but will a current salary slip suffice? She was fine with that.

Then while going through the form she wanted to know the reason for my 150 days long absence I said it was work related and explained why it was needed. She was satisfied with the explanation. No proofs asked not submitted! Gave her a printed sheet which had details of the absences and stamp page numbers she said thanks.

Then we asked her lifeinuktest scores and as I had expected my wife scored 100% and I scored 92%.

Then she asked for the salary slips and bank statements and was pleased with the highlighting of salary figures in the bank statements.

Then cohab dos were asked took 6 different statements from the various docs we had provided.

She entered the details on the system and asked for the photo copies. Gave her all the photo copies including photo copies of the passports.

Then she said everything seems fine you need to make the payment at the next counter and then after biometrics you can leave the building once we have recorded that and collected the money.

At the payment counter the guy checked the debit card and the payment details page and confirmed that we need to wait outside and will be called for the bio metrics. We waited for 10 mins and then were called for bio metrics. 10 mins After biometrics, we were also told that the payment went thru fine but they were waiting on the bio metrics information to be recorded properly. We were told that we can leave the office and can come back at 2.30 to collect our approval letter and the passports and originals.

We returned at 2.30 and on arrival were told that everything is fine. All the documents and the ILR approval letter were handed to us.

Hope this helps.
Congratulations, uksettlement. You are a real uksettler now.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 pm

uksettlement wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:I read from another post that CW is new. She was learning her work. Called the senior CW several times. So many in this forum. are so nervous about P60s and Employment History,I see you have not presented any.There again as you mentioned yours was a "straightforward" one.
Hopes mine wasnt 100% straight forward case as I was absent from the country for 150 days. Also had changed employer just before the ILR application. So they could have asked for anything. However, the key is to be well prepared and to say NO that is not required and I am sure that approach works at every PEO.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Enjoy your ILR.

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
uksettlement wrote:
Hopes mine wasnt 100% straight forward case as I was absent from the country for 150 days. Also had changed employer just before the ILR application. So they could have asked for anything. However, the key is to be well prepared and to say NO that is not required and I am sure that approach works at every PEO.
Kevin, I've just realised you have become a Sage :). Congratulations :D
I'm sure you will become a moderator before you apply for a ILR ! Just kidding ;)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 pm

db83 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
uksettlement wrote:
Kevin, I've just realised you have become a Sage :). Congratulations :D
I'm sure you will become a moderator before you apply for a ILR ! Just kidding ;)
Thank you db83 for your kind words. As long as I don't end up in the Himalayas as a Sage I am o.k. :roll:

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 am

BRP Cards for both of us delivered this morning!
Thanks!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 am

uksettlement wrote:BRP Cards for both of us delivered this morning!
Excellent News. Enjoy your ILR.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Congrats. Well deserved

seba

Post by seba » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Great News..!! UKSettlement..!!

Some how it feels good to read the success stories..!

Congtls..!! Now you are free bird without watching UKBA sites :)

enjoy..

db83

Post by db83 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Brill stuff mate.

Kumar ILR

Post by Kumar ILR » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Congrats UKsettlement. Enjoy well.
You had answered for most of my queries in my post. Once again thanks for that.

Regards,
Kumar